Firestorm vs SL viewer vs others

KongWubba

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Colours are dull on SL viewer, its like a thin film of grey has been stuck on the screen, best way to desribe it. Some of my HUDS clearly show some grey layer making them look dull, I dont know what it is. No such issue on Firestorm.

I cant seem to cam others on SL viewer, can do that on FS, also loading others profiles seems to take ages on SL it shows up instantly on FS, same issue with search window, its pops up instantly on FS but takes time for images to load on SL.

bebejee wrote:

Colours are dull on SL viewer, its like a thin film of grey has been stuck on the screen, best way to desribe it. Some of my HUDS clearly show some grey layer making them look dull, I dont know what it is.

It's definitely not an issue directly related to the viewer. There is no reason why different viewers should give different images or image quality, provided the graphics settings are exactly the same of course.

Firestorm to vanilla viewer is basically the equivalent of a wrecked Ferrari (Firestorm) to a brand new sparkling pile of sh*t (vanilla SL viewer).

Vanllla viewer lacks so many things it's hilarious. This viewer is clearly meant for the mentally challenged who doesn't know how to edit the position of attachments because it even lacks an "edit" button in the right click menu context. I'm surprised you're even able to build stuff on this viewer because clearly the UI is designed to make it as painful as possible.

Firestorm on the other hand has features that you'd expect from a virtual world viewer, but it's unstable and laggy as ever. On average you'd lose at least 5-10fps simply by using this viewer, using exact same graphics settings as vanilla viewer.

Your choice.

Is this the start of a Viewer War? Yay! I've heard about those but haven't been in SL long enough to actually see one myself! ^_^

Chi Rey grabs a fresh box of popcorn, tosses a coin to decide which side to cheer on and sits down to watch the show.

ChinRey wrote:

Is this the start of a Viewer War?

No, not yet.  Those start when either Prok gets here or anyone else with often overblown distain for Firestorm or the Firestorm dev team or someone who simply can't understand why anyone would want their viewer to be more customizable and have more options than the default (Yes, I've seen this assertion).

But, just in case...

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.