Firestorm crashing a lot lately

KarraSue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

KarraSue wrote:

I was told there were some major bug issues with the latest release,,is why I haven't updated yet, as I don't want things worse than they are now

Seriously?  There were a couple of bugs that affected a few people with the initial upgrade but they were fixed almost instantly.  Other than that I haven't heard any talk of major bugs.  Personally, my performance has improved. A lot.

Received a couple pop ups befors I crashed, one yesterday an done this morning. Both sais "Firestorm has crashed and needs to close. Here are what the error messages said:

One from 1/3/15

ll render/llvertexbuffer.cpp(1665):llvertexbuffer::mapvertexbuffer memory allocation for vertex data failed

One from this morning 1/4/15:

ERROR: llimage/limage.cpp(904):llimage raw::scale:ASSERT(temp_data_size>0)

I cleared My cache, and My draw distance is 64

• 3 weeks later...

At least Firestorm has a support group. While they don't have a solution to every wobbly computer, and if you have crashes it is probably something wrong with your computer, they do provide great help most of the time.

If you go in with all guns blazing with negative comments and complaints you will get pretty short shrift, quite rightly so.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit late to the party, I know, but I had to make a comment here.

I've had recourse to use the inworld FS support a couple of times, and found the helpers very helpful indeed. (In fact, it turned out to be a sort of glitch in FS which I eventually pinpointed with their guidance and they put it on the look-at list)

I did get one instance of a short, to the point, 'nothing to do with us" answer which at first felt a little harsh. Given the amount of nonsense the helpers must get asked on a regular basis though (I've worked front-line support myself!), a bit of shortness rather than hand-holding over something not relevant to them (or mistaken for such, perhaps) is certainly understandable.

YMMV.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.