Firestorm Viewer Adavanced Lighting Problem

fuccboi4lyf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, so I am new here in SL and currently looking to be getting into the machinima scene. Been fiddling around for a time and today for the first time I tried Firestorm Viewer. I cranked up the graphics way up to Ultra which is just fine for my system to handle however it is this one thing that is happening whenever ALM is ON in settings (refer to screenshot here) Advanced Lighting Mode ON but whenever I turn it off (as seen here) Advanced Lighting Mode OFF it disappears.

Any setting I need to alter? And here is my system specs if you need it:

CPU: AMD FX 6300 3.5Ghz

RAM: 8GB 1866 Mhz

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

3 days ago I bought a laptop, new, with an R9 M385X card.

On initial launch of SL (Firestorm - most recent build), and after enabling Advanced Lighting, I had the weird pixelated line, exactly the same as in the JIRA.

I did notice that the line DID NOT render in snapshots, which was odd, but made me less angry, as I do a lot of photography.

The next day, I launched SL (Firestorm) again and received a message -

"Your graphics settings have been changed, Firestorm has recognized your graphics device has been changed from ATI Radeon R7 to ATI Radeon R9"

I turned on advanced lighting - no line.

I turned on shadows - no line.

No line anymore on any setting..what?

So - why did this happen?

The only thing I've changed between the two instances of SL, was an issue I was having with Windows 10 background updater (BITS) - it was stopped, and I got it running again.
This may have nothing to do with it, but it may be possible a driver updated? Did AMD address the issue? I have no idea.

But, I did want to share my experience with this issue.

I hope maybe this information helps.

• 1 month later...

Just purchased an R9 today and same problem. That damn line.

Now I havent touched Radion in 15+ years for this very reason back then. Crappy product. Gave it a try and well...here I am.

As much as a pain it would be to return the card, id rather go with Nvidia again, i'm not impressed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.