Firestorm 4.6.9 (42974) Toolbar Issue

Avi Arrow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am unable to get rid of the toolbar on Firestorm viewer 4.6.9 (42974) due to the "Show chat bar (Enter)" button which is persistent.  I have not been able to locate this button in the xui/xml files in order to  remove it.  My basic problem is I want the toolbar to be gone.  See pic, button in question is lower left on screen, big gray bar across bottom of screen is what i want removed.  Anyone have an insight into how to accomplish this?  Thanks.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2vblu1v.jpg

you are using Phoenix mode, so the file to change will be C:\Program Files\Firestorm-Releasex64\skins\vintage\xui\en\panel_toolbar_view.xml

there are two spots to change.

first, find the section that looks like this -

<button name="open_chat_bar_button"            tool_tip="Show chat bar (Enter)"            label=""            image_overlay="nearbychat_18"            control_name="MainChatbarVisible"            chrome="true"            is_toggle="true"            left="5"            top="2"            height="20"            width="60"            layout="topleft"            follows="left|top" />

add comment markup to disable it, so that it looks like this -

<button name="open_chat_bar_button"            tool_tip="Show chat bar (Enter)"            label=""            image_overlay="nearbychat_18"            control_name="MainChatbarVisible"            chrome="true"            is_toggle="true"            left="5"            top="2"            height="20"            width="60"            layout="topleft"            follows="left|top" />

Next, just above that, look for the section that looks like

<layout_panel name="bottom_toolbar_panel"                auto_resize="false"                user_resize="false"                bg_visible="true"                bg_opaque_color="DkGray"                background_opaque="true"                                width="1024"                mouse_opaque="false">

change the height="28" to height="0"

you may get away with only changing the second part, but sometimes buttons can do strange things so it makes life simpler to remove it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.