Finally fixed my TDR crash!

Grant1958 Beaumont

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hmm.. unfortunately that is not an option in WIndows 10. It has no Aero, so there is nothing to turn off.

I get TDR error occasionally in Windows 10 when I try wake up the machine from sleep mode. when it happens the computer totally freezes and needs to be manually rebooted. No solution for that bug yet anywhere. The error says: "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE {nvlddmkm.sys}". So it's graphics driver problem in Windows 10.

I never got that problem in Windows 7, even with Aero on. The same computer with exactly the same hardware. It appears thet Windows 10 isn't quite mature yet.

Luckily the SL viewers work ok (for me) in Windows 10 without TDR crashes though.

TDR error always gets blammed on the graphics card, but in reality it could be caused by several things.  The error comes from the ability for the system to respond in a predetermined time frame. For me it turned out that my overclock was too intense for my system. 

Point of this is, its not always  the operating system or the graphics driver. Could be hard drive cpu or even ram. TDR's are some of the hardest errors to figure out if you cant read the windows dump logs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.