Export Firestorm windlight settings

CadenzaInVivace

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone know how to export Firestorm's comprehensive list of windlight settings? They're not in the user_settings/windlight/skies folder, because they're integrated into the viewer. I want to import them into official viewer. Yes I know official viewer is crap, but sometimes I need to log onto it to upload mesh because Firestorm's mesh uploader is broken. The windlight settings in official viewer are so mind-numbingly bad it hurts my eyes to just log on.

You find the windlight settings here: c:\Program Files\Firestorm-Releasex64\app_settings\windlight\skies

The viewers I know expect user made windlight settings here: c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\<viewers folder>\user_settings\windlight\skies

Nothing stops you from copying that.

Nova Convair explained how to collect Windlight settings from any viewer.

There are some Windlight collections floating around the web. Knowing the location of the WIndlight files in your computer you can add those collections to your favorite viewer.

A point to keep in mind is that if you decide to do a clean install and run the viewer UNINSTALL program you can lose all those Windlight settings. So, it is a good idea to have a folder somewhere safe with your collection of WIndlight settings.

As you draw settings from various sources your are likely to get a number of duplicates. Having all your settings in a folder lets you go through and elminate dupicates.

You will also f ind many of the settings are horrible and have no use for them. I have my full collection (900+ settings) and a folder with the settings I usually use Favs (about 25 settings). When I need a setting it is much easier to find in a short list.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.