Curiosity killed the cat? - Would I get in trouble? :P

Ghost Warblood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, as its a bit of software that sits on your own machine and does stuff by mangling video calls, the results of which only you can see anyway, plus it doesn't seem to alter the viewer (unlike rolling your own for - reasons) who gives a - fig?

Boris the dev seems harmless too.

Bit like asking if I would get a warning for turning down the brightness on my monitor.

By all means, no.  The client is open source and visual modifications are somewhat common in the Third Party Viewer community.  Particularly the Black Dragon viewer. (^_^)

That said, is what you're referring to an actual ENB from Boris V. or graphical enhancements which resemble his work?  (o.O)

As for "ENB" being an acronym for anything... Even Boris himself hasn't made any statements to clear up the topic.  So, ENB is ENB without any given words attatched to the letters. (^_^)y

More information here: http://enbdev.com/

Ok, so. the simple answer was no. was the workup really necessary? an ENB is an ENB. gamers who like extra graphics know what people say when they mention ENB. also, no what i used was ReShade, though there is some settings that don't work with SL and no possible way for me to save presets for some reason. :P

Ghost Warblood wrote:

Well, for starters, I didn't know SL allowed people to mod their SL for better graphics (unless it was built into a viewer such as black dragon)

You can do all the render tweaking you like on your own viewer. You only have to be careful if you want tio distribute a viewer that has modifications built in, then the TPV policy matters. If you are only adding eye candy and not making the kinds of changes that exclude people on ohter viewers, the "shared experience" policy probably won't bite you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.