Clearing Cache Manually

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

When clearing cache manually, do I also clear out the folders in Local > Second Life > object cache/texture cache? When opening those folders, I see a list of other files (DSF File). Should those be removed as well? Then I click on texture cache I see a list of folders labeled 0 through 9 and A through F. Do I delete those as well? Also what does it mean to reinstall Second Life ontop of itself? I'm trying to resolve the issue of the Win_Crash_Logger.exe message I recieve when I crash. It happens atleast 5 times a day. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Frankie

---------------------

Second Life 3.1.0 (243176) Oct 16 2011 12:16:07 (Second Life Release) [ReleaseNotes]

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 810 Processor (2593.53 MHz) Memory: 7928 MB OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601) Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc. Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0010.0024 OpenGL Version: 3.3.9836 Compatibility Profile Context

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1 J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1 Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000 Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded) Voice Server Version: Not Connected Built with MSVC version 1600

Hello. With one word yes. I explain here analytically what you have to do to clear your cache manually.

Remarks:

• Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)
  • If you want to keep your private conversations which are saved in your computer, copy the folder with your nickname to another position in your hard disk. The folder is: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife \ frankiepalmero_actor
  • About Windows paths: C:\ = Your hard disk, you find it if you open "My computer". Where you see backslash, follows a folder into the previous one)

go here and install it, run it and wait for the list to build, find your SL installation, click uninstall at the top then select advanced, it'll run the uninstaller then scans your hard drive for left over folders and registery items, select them all then delete them.

Restarting the computer is not required but is suggested as windows cannot remove files until restarted sometimes, generally the only left over thing would be the settings file, you could uninstall SL as mentioned then delete the secondlife folder in appdata (search for a program called run then type %appdata% )

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.