Clean Reinstall....hm

Sonja Smedley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a question....first time I want to do the reinstall alone...in the past a friend of mine did it for me but he is not available at the moment so i am on my own.

Well I read this link....

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=clean_reinstall

But I am not sure what I can delete when I read..."If you do not need to save chat logs, then simply delete the entire folder named SecondLife, and everything inside it."

When I open application data of SL...means I can delete all the folders in it?

Means User settings, logs, browser profile and the folder of my avatar....?

Or I can simply delete the whole SL folder?

Is this all I have to do?

And I have already deinstalled the old Firestorm version and now I want to deinstall the old Phoenix version too, to get the new one.

Is there something else I have to delete, cause when I type in search for

• Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USERNAME]\Application Data\SecondLife....then it shows me much more things of SL...do I have to delete them all?
    ....like text documents and such stuff

You can delete the whole folder. If you want to keep your chat logs, move them somewhere else on your computer. The folder will be recreated when you download a new viewer.

Basically, if it has "Second Life" in it, you want it gone. Just delete all of it. All of that information, text documents, etc. will be recreated when you download a new viewer. (Except your chat logs, those are gone, so if you need a copy, save it.) Cache, etc. will reload when you launch the viewer and your inventory reloads.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.