ChromeOS & Second Life - Options for us CB's

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Chromebook/OS Options

Linux via chroot Installing Linux on a Chromebook  [broadswell 1.4ghz dual or above reommended by ME - stock 2.16 celeron will be laggy] You can expect 20-40 fps based on a 4gb, hd intel, BW celeron 1.4 & 4-16 with a stock celeron 2.16 turbo. In *my* expereince.

Bright Canopy [Currently MIA]
 basically a streaming service at 17$ per month for 20hrs then aditional time is by the hour. But liek Onlive, they had an issue - people really want this service and they need to go and rethink their stratagies. *So we do not know when they will be back if they even will!*

FRA.ME! another streaming service, but you need to switch the server computer from one with no GPU to one with a GPU leaving you with about 3hrs of free time...then 10USD for another another 3hrs.. I would say use this only if you are a wallet warrior like that lot in *EVE online*

Leap Computering *Preorder* 9.99$ for a month of unlimited cloud computer usage..? Basically the *Best* option. When they launch though....is the real question...

Lumyia Viewer for Android... Download Arc-welder plop the apk into it and yey text viewer..try the 3d mode and you crash really hard.

Have an APP, Service, ETC to add? Plop me a message or into the commets below.

I also contacted FireStorm & Lumia devs about the possibility of ChromeOS varient. We'll see f they get back to me.   

if you buy a convertable without top you get wet when it rains... so if you want to sit dry and warm/cool you need a top above your head, or put a plastic bag over your head.

The same for Operation Systems. If you want a certain program to run perfect you need a OS that is able to handle that. All others will only be able to run it at adapted settings, with mostly limited use, and be as the plastic bag as mentioned in the first line.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.