Can't view videos of any sort in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, here's the problem. I have an nhc media system on my land which allows me to watch videos, youtube etc. My desktop works perfectly fine playing these videos in the game, it has flash and quicktime (the latest versions). But when I try to play videos on my laptop they show up with a blue lego looking thing with a ? inside. This is as if I don't have flash. The radio in game works perfectly fine it's just the videos that don't work. I can watch youtube and stuff outside of SL in my browser but not in game. I have compared settings with my desktop and the settings are fine. Media is enabled. (I'm using the Second Life viewer). I have tried uninstalling and re-installing both quicktime and flash. But the videos still wont play. I don't know what else to do, everything in this computer is EXACTLY the same as my desktop, but it still wont play videos. Can someone please help and make a suggestion? I was going to contact Linden Labs because I have seriously tried everything and it doesn't want to play.

Thanks for reading. :)

Hi, that might be nothing LL support is willing to help about.

Is the firewall on your laptop setup different ? Even if you compare all SL settings the setup of 2 computers is hardly ever same.

Sorry that i cannot provide any help because i have exactly the same problem but my laptop is way to slow anyway.

Monti

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I checked the firewall and it's not blocking any element of second life at all and neither is AVG.

This laptop is very powerful it can run games like Skyrim and Halo etc.

I don't know why it's having issues running a little video on Second Life. :/

i have a toshiba satellite p305d-s8828  has amd turion x2 core mobile processor rm-70,  3072mb 800MHz  sdram,  200gb hdd, dvd supermulti with labelflaxh drive, and windows vista.

but i cannot get sl to run on this computer. what can the problem be?

cuddlingc wrote:

i have a toshiba satellite p305d-s8828 laptop and cannot get sl to run can u help me?

It would help if you could describe what happens when you try to run SL. Just off the top of my head, I'd suggest getting the latest video drivers available for your laptop. Try getting them directly from AMD, who made your video chip, first. Some laptop makers use specific video drivers for their computers so if you can't get drivers from AMD you can see if Toshiba has any updated video drivers.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

cuddlingc wrote:

i have a toshiba satellite p305d-s8828 laptop and cannot get sl to run can u help me?

It would help if you could describe what happens when you try to run SL. Just off the top of my head, I'd suggest getting the latest video drivers available for your laptop. Try getting them directly from AMD, who made your video chip, first. Some laptop makers use specific video drivers for their computers so if you can't get drivers from AMD you can see if Toshiba has any updated video drivers.

If you Google that lappy I have a suspicion it may be underspecked:

• Graphics Processor ATI Radeon 3100 - 256.0 MB

http://www.cnet.com/laptops/toshiba-satellite-p305d-s8828/4507-3121_7-33128165.html?tag=mncol;subnav

Would need a Radeon expert to weigh in here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.