Can't See My Mesh Body

LolaSola

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I downloaded the latest sl viewer after deleting the prior one, foolishly letting the deinstaller remove all the files, and now I can't see my mesh body...it just gives off these weird pointed things that look like lances. I've tried changing all the settings I can think of...render volume lod to 4, meshmax to 100...hardware skinning checked...Ihope someone can help!

Generally a relog will fix the problem. Tp to a different region or login to a region other than the one where you had the render problem.

If you still have the problem, check the grid status and make sure the Lindens are not working on the inventory servers.

Check to see if others see you the same way, no body. If they do, the problem isn't in your computer or viewer. Talk to support.

If that is not it, consider deleting all the files in the SL Viewer program folder and reinstalling. You don't need to do a uninstall.

If no joy, reset your settings. You can delete the 

C:\Users\[Win_Login_ID]\AppData\Roaming\[viewer_name]\user_settings\settings.xml

If that fails to help, clear the inventory cache. Do that by navigating to: 

C:\Users\[Win_Login_ID]\AppData\Local\ViewerName

Delete or rename the files ending in .inv.gz - only the ones for your avatar need to be deleted. That long number is an avatar UUID. Outside the viewer go to https://my.secondlife.com and log in. Now go to the profile you want, for example http://my.secondlife.com/governor.linden. Click the Actions button, then right-click on IM and copy the link. the UUID is in there, between "agent/" and "/im"

After clearing inventory log into a deserted and emplty region like Furball. Let your inventory list load before you tp out of the region.

If that fails, clear the viewer's main cache. This is a last resort step.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.