Camera presets would be nice to have

lucagrabacr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know the lindens probably don't read these forums, but like most of the younger people that I know of who never used Second Life before thinks there's something off with the default camera placement.

I mean like I'm personally okay with it, used it on my first 3 years on SL until I know how to edit the camera preset on Firestorm through the developer menu. (which is tedious to do)

I don't think it'd be too hard for LL or the Firestorm team to implement an easier way to change the camera preset a'la Nirans / Black Dragon

Just a thought

For the Linden made viewer this is about the only way: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/07/24/second-life-camera-position-tips/

If you would like to see camera presets entered, file a JIRA Feature Request.

You are right about the Lindens not reading the forum. There are parts of it that some Lindens watch. As best I can tell ANSWERS is not one of them.

lucagrabacr wrote:

I know the lindens probably don't read these forums, but like most of the younger people that I know of who never used Second Life before thinks there's something off with the default camera placement.

I mean like I'm personally okay with it, used it on my first 3 years on SL until I know how to edit the camera preset on Firestorm through the developer menu. (which is tedious to do)

I don't think it'd be too hard for LL or the Firestorm team to implement an easier way to change the camera preset a'la Nirans / Black Dragon

Just a thought

One of the best sets of camera offsets for SL were defined by Penny Patton. With her permission. I produced a tutorial on them back in 2011, and you can find here: https://modemworld.me/tutorials__trashed/camera-offsets-penny-patton/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.