Avatar does not load up. See Name only

GingerHenderson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This started happening at Login ever since i had the latest SL Viewer

Second Life 3.7.26 (299610) Mar  5 2015 16:32:46 (Second Life Release)

It is intermittent, if it does not loadup, i log off and most times then it will load up.

It does a cloud thing for a fw seconds then just all invisable whe it happens.

Try a "Clear Cache" at preferences (Me-Preferences, tab Advanced). If that doesn't fix the issue, you might go back to the latest stable version, which is still the 3.7.25, which you can get from this site: https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/ After installing it, please start it, but do NOT login. Go to the preferences, tab Setup and UNcheck at Software Updates: Willingly to update to release candidates. Then login.

GingerHenderson wrote:

Had a reply to Bug Tracker. It is now resolved.

You do realise that "resolved" is a Linden code word for "closed the JIRA because we couldn't really work out what was wrong", don't you.

[isn't it interesting to note that the default setting for the LL Viewer is "allow LL to upgrade the software to a version that doesn't work".]

• 2 weeks later...

I know you're correct about the cache clear option, but "bake fail" is starting to look like another catch-all problem answer.

Some of the standard answers even look as though they could fix a range of problems that have nothing to do with the SSA system. Reboot the router-modem, Log-out and log-in again. How many other things will those fix, but it means the problem is confirmed as a bake-fail, and so "resolved".

• 1 month later...

Loading a default av is a bit of a pain but usually works.

I've heard the arguments all over the place with Clear Cache, but my experience and of many people I know is that it usually also works in most  situations and only a minor inconvenience if you have a large inv. It seems to certainly fix problems when only part of your av is failing to bake, and Rebake textures doesn't work.

Having said that, cache clear has not always worked on the lag bucket of the last week that currently seems to be a global problem. I expect it's the new tools for the new viewer that have borked everything up again. New shinies always do.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.