A New Griefing Object?

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My sims have been plagued by a new grief cube that seems to defy the usual constraints of the SL viewer, possibly it was made on a rogue viewer.

The cube cannot be returned from land parcels in the normal way, i.e. right-click return, or return prims of that avatar's name on the land menu, or on an island, returning all of that agent's prims from the debug list.

You can see this grief cube "in the wild" currently on the homestead sim of Belarus, since it's a long weekend and the Lindens haven't gotten to the abuse reports yet.

What it does is spew garbage particle images from a jittery cube as per usual, but I think what's happening is that it is temp-rezzing rapidly (which may explain why it is not returnable), and possibly from another location -- and somehow it has a script or two to override things and create a "selected-sat-upon" simulation although no avatar green dot can be seen attached to the prim and the owner of that prim isn't seen on the mini map.

Of course, that can be done by making themselves invisible on rogue viewers which is an old story.

But how to keep selected/sat-upon going without an avatar doing that? For days on end (maybe they have an avatar doing this that doesn't log off?)

If you go on the land menu, you can see "51 prims selected sat/upon" not owned by the group. And of course that's the other issue -- on this sim, the group is closed as it has my chickens who are frequent targets of griefers. And they shouldn't be able to rez a cube on land with autoreturn.

The name of the owner of the cube doesn't even show up on the list but then I crash trying to deal with it.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Belarus/128/128/24

PS if you could AR the owner and creator while you're there it will help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.