secondlife error in upload request ?!!!

stonystark

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Failure to upload an asset can be caused by a sick region. Firest thing to try is uploading an image on a different region.

If that doesn't help, what happens when an image upload fails? Do you see any error message in the viewer? What's the exact error message?  An image of the error will help.

hello i have problem aswell , i cant upload anything i repeatlty recieve this msg ( unable to upload due to the following reason :Error in upload request.  ) .... I have reboot and reset and rooter, i went regions and tryed, i even tryed with different viewers firestorm, phoenix,second life viewer....and cleaned casche too.....everytime same message...

and i can save a notecard too.....please anyone if can help?

There's been a spate of people suddenly having this error when uploading & the logs I've seen so far are really weird.

It's isolated to certain systems (other systems on the same network don't reproduce it) & I suspect it's some 3rd party software that recently updated or was installed that's causing this problem.

It isn't a region issue, already ruled that one out & those affected have the same problem on all viewers and on all accounts.

The logs I've seen so far in Firestom support tickets show the upload cap is giving a 404 & there are no other symptoms that anything is wrong.

Can one of you who is having this uploading trouble file a JIRA issue.

Run a session where you reproduce the upload failure on the Linden Lab viewer then log out.

Before you relaunch the viewer, zip up the logs folder & attach it to your JIRA issue using More Actions -> Attach files.

This page tells you where to find the logs folder: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-report-a-bug/ta-p/733545#Section_.3

• 2 months later...

The problem persists here.

I thought I'd give 5.0.1 a try... No luck.

I went back to 4.7.7 again, anything after that I can't upload textures.

Ah yes, I can upload a texture if it's a few pixels by a few pixels, that is one of the million crazy things I tried back then when I first had the issue with 4.7.9

What worries me is that now 4.7.7 is the oldest authorized version..... What happens the day that is blocked ?

Yeah, those affected by this can't upload textures on any viewer that has the coroutines feature. 4.7.7 was the last Firestorm release before coroutines was added.

Silas, can you test on the LL viewer (from https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/ ) to make sure you have the same problem and if you do can you please file a LL JIRA issue HERE and attach a zip of your LL viewer logs folder after running a session where you attempt to upload a texture on the LL viewer and it fails.

This page tells you where to find the logs folder for the LL viewer: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-report-a-bug/ta-p/733545#Section_.3

Thanks  :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I get these all the time too, but I can upload in bulk as well.

I noticed if you log out and log back in the textures are there.

I figured this out after one day i just had multiple multiple copies of the same texture i was having trouble with.

I also have issues with copying my inventory and pasting it into another folder but when i log out and log back in, its there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.