Will copy-edit for food

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's no good. You keep saying things like this, and all my years of education keep nagging at me.

[Posted 8:26am PST, 21 December 2011] We are beginning this morning’s maintenance on the AGNI main grid, which will require an extended period of region restarts. We expect this maintenance to be completed by December 25, 2011. We will update this when work begins, as well as throughout the process.

As my old English Teacher was wont to sharply enquire, which "this maintenance" is expected to be completed when, and why "We are beginning" and  "We will update this when work begins" 

There are kids leaving British Primary Schools who can write better than that. 

Ah, I see the problem. You're expecting the people who write these notes to have a British public school understanding of English instead of an American public school understanding. The average American's understanding of the use of our language is unfortunately very poor.

(I was lucky to have a very good high school English teacher and a couple of good college English teachers.)

I also suspect the folks at Linden Lab are intentionally vague with their estimates of what work will be done & when, so they won't be held accountable for any maintenance that's not completed in a timely manner.

@Arabella

In my experience nothing posted on the GSP is no indication that the work has finished, merely that whoever is responsible for adding copy to that page is either absent or no one can be bothered to do it.

On the restart thread Oscar said that though there was no new code being added this past week, restarts would occur as scheduled on the Google calendar.  I don't know about you, but I saw nothing on the GSP and our sim certainly didn't have the scheduled Linden restart.  Now, all that does is make Oskar look like a liar, something that he most assuredly isn't.

I'm afraid it is just another example of Linden Lab's inability to operate "joined-up thinking".  There are those who would say that since there was no new code, there was no need of restarts.  Maybe that is true, BUT, if you were building and expected a restart you might stop for the duration of the restarts as scheduled, only to find that you have simply wasted a couple of hours when you could have been building.

A great many of LL do not think that communicating with the residents of SL is either necessary or even wise.  We just live with the consequences of that mentality.

BTW, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all on SL and at LL.:heart::smileyvery-happy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.