Why Things Were Less Than Optimal This Past Weekend

Vulpinus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Tools-and-Technology/Why-Things-Were-Less-Than-Optimal-This-Past-Weekend/ba-p/2994441

Sounds like you had some fun there.

While I might whinge when things are broken (well, there's not much else to do when I can't get 'in' but come here and moan) I do appreciate the difficulties faced in running such a system. At least, as much as I can without having worked there, but having spent a lifetime (mostly) working in IT from programmer upwards. I suppose I can't even imagine some of the issues that crop up in that unique environment.

So basically, I'm saying thanks for getting things working again as quickly as you did.

And to April Linden, hope you get some good sleep now! (and nothing else breaks for a while to disturb it)

Ditto!

Urgh! Yeah, sometimes I forget that there are people at LL who work hard to make SL happen... On a few occasions, I had to deal directly with some Lindens, and not only they were extremely helpful as also they showed understanding when we (I) rant at them — "It's quite alright," one of them said to me once (about my ranting.)

But the thing is, I pay LL more than I do for a 100 Mbps internet connection, phone and cable tv together. Not to mention the money I keep pouring into SL's economy when buying items from creators/merchants. Still, I very much appreciate when they come clear about issues, and I just hope that April and her team have some peaceful time as long as possible (until some system breaks, that is.)

jdroo has scripts in his inventory that he demonstrated ' ' at the sandbox "HERE" which are used to attack the servers directly. he explicitely mentioned crashign the asset servers, and it has been doing so.

someone please escalate this because a few specific lindenized RETARDS ignored my report 3 WEEKS ago.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.