What is going on with my ims?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ever since the rolling restart I've been having issues with my IMS inworld. Like my ims are set to a specific location on my computer to log the ims but when I open an im to a person on my friend's list it's blank, there's no history there's no past converstaions nothing. I have tried everything, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (on singularity) and I've cleared my cache and I've change the paths and rechange them and nothing. I've even rebooted my computer and again nothing. What the heck is going on? I seriously need help, thanks!

Christa

Assuming that you have checked that you are set to receive offline IMs to your email (just to ensure all aspects are working), your IM chat history is set in viewer preferences (precise location dependant on your type of viewer (since I use Firestorm and you use Singularity they MAY be different), as is the abilty to show the last few lines of any conversation in IM.

IM chat history is stored on your local computer and you should see the filepath set in the preferences page.  If for some reason your filepath has corrupted, it may be worthwhile to reset the path manually in prefs (backup, relog and "restore").

Also you should be able to find the folder on your computer...if it is not there, you have some local issue, it is unlikely to be SL.  :smileyhappy:

Conversation history is stored locally on your computer. If you move the chat log location, chat history will no longer show up in the viewer.

I don't use Singularity but I presume the default chat log location is C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Singularity\your_avatar_name

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.