Troubles?

CCWolf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

has anyone even mentioned that second life is NOT working as intended? avatar not rezzing properly when i try to teleport i get disconnected, errors in inventory, objects on my land not rezzing properly when i log on.. etc...... this is new this week.. never had these troubles before now.

Plenty of folks complain about this every week of every year that SL has been open. They also most often neglect to run any tests or post any useful information about their system for people who might want to spend time helping. They also often post once, ranting nonsensically and dragging in every symptom they can imagine to blame on SL's servers, without once examining their own connection. It becomes a real hassle, not knowing if effort spent will ever be read.

For some reason all these troubled sorts imagine that these problems are brand new and were caused by some imaginary drastic changes on the servers. I never know to what they could be referring, don't they realise it's way more likely that their Internet performance - something dependent on a myriad of technologies and providers - is probably screwy?

It's a mystery what makes people complain in this fairly useless fashion. SL works for plenty of others, and those affected never seem to apply logic to determine that the problem is almost certainly at their end.

Weird. Anyway, I hope that answers your question.

A friend and I were both having sporadic but somewhat similar issues with rezzing yesterday. I uploaded a pile of textures, came back a wee while later and one refused to rez, showed as 0x0 in inventory and grey in world. It appeared after a quick sim hop. Same thing with a mesh item she gave me. Didn't rez fully until a sim hop. Things she wanted to rez wouldn't till she relogged.

Have you tried going to another sim and returning? That worked well for me and turned what seemed a major problem into a wee hiccough.

My inventory has decided it doesn't want to cough up a few things, but I haven't done a cache clear or any of the other usual tricks. It could be my end, it could be SL. On the plus side, I finally have my full inventory on beta grid. But now I can't get into beta grid at all. Just get a cannot find simulator message every time. And I wants to build! Sigh.

yep you're right it's all my fault, nevermind that there were several us trying everything. thank you for whoever you are. I been a PAYING customer for over a year, not ever once complaining or blaming. guess I'll be spending my 250$ a month on something else now.

Freya is right about not giving us enough information to help you. Even the time of day would have been helpful...

So, I'm not surprised she is frustrated and venting a bit.

Wednesday is roll out day for the RC channels in SL. If you were having these problems between 6AM and noon, its a normal Wednesday experience. The rest of the grid goes through this on Tuesday. Its been that way for 3 or more years now.

Check Grid Status to see if you are caught in a software rollout and region restart cycle. During that time things are as screwy as you describe.

Its ok thats the normal responce from people on this forum its never the crappy software its got to be your hardware or your net. Theres a reason SL is still free to download because nobody would ever pay for software that runs this bad.:smileytongue:

Torrie

While I might agree with you that the SL software is often not as good as it should be, it is NOT crappy.  As Nalates points out, giving no details of the hardware a user is using to access SL gives helpers no chance to give useful advice.

Many SL problems come down to glitches in internet access or glitchy hardware.  It is not always nice to be told this but in my experience it is often...VERY often the case.

While there ARE issues with SL's current software base, these are probably not, for the most part, the cause of the OP's issue.

CC

Your hardware looks fine for SL (but then you knew that).  Personally I know that Windows 10, while for the most part it is a great piece of software, it is causing myriad issues for some folks, largely due to the way it messes with installed drivers at updates.

In your case it still may be glitchy internet connection speeds, try testing the connection speed to the SL Tucson server, see if all is well there.  I use  http://speedtest.net  for that.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.