This rolling restart is absurd

DeeJay Sharktooth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been here on multiple accounts for nearly 8 years and I have never in my time here have a rolling restart for a single region be down for damn near 3 hours. I am trying to run a business and this is costing me money.... I have checked the grid status and there has been no update since 7am this morning. I tried filing a ticket but for some reason the region offline option is not available... does anyone have a clue WTFH is going on?

DeeJay Sharktooth wrote:

does anyone have a clue WTFH is going on?

Info about rolling restarts is always posted on this forum in advance. Here's this week's:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Deploy-plans-for-the-week-of-2016-10-10/td-p/3072973

Even from the brief description there, this week's update on Blue Steel, Le Tigre and Magnum looks a lot more complicated than usual so I'm not surprised it took a little while. Three hours sounds like a lot though. The two Blue Steel regions I tried to access while this was going on, were both down for about 35 minutes.

DeeJay Sharktooth wrote:

I have been here on multiple accounts for nearly 8 years and I have never in my time here have a rolling restart for a single region be down for damn near 3 hours. I am trying to run a business and this is costing me money.... I have checked the grid status and there has been no update since 7am this morning. I tried filing a ticket but for some reason the region offline option is not available... does anyone have a clue WTFH is going on?

If you have been here for 8 years you must remember when the grid was down for most of the day each week for "maintenance." This is hardly cause for a freak out.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

DeeJay Sharktooth wrote:

If you have been here for 8 years you must remember when the grid was down for most of the day each week for "maintenance." This is hardly cause for a freak out.

Or the spring of '09 when we had more down time than up time for at least a month lol.

Tari Landar wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

DeeJay Sharktooth wrote:

Or the spring of '09 when we had more down time than up time for at least a month lol.

Bunch of noobs. Back in my day we all wore Missing Image all over our bodies. faced weekly outages, and were attacked by "Gray goo" all weekend.

Now get off mah lawn.

I understand your frustration and have felt like driving to CA and toilet papering their cars at times myself ( I DIDNT and that was NOT ME if it did happen.)

And it does seem to only happen when you something important to do, doesn't it?

"Back in the day" every Wednesday(I think it was Wed. I am an SL Sr Citizen now and my memory slips from time to time) it would be down all day!

We can only hope the maintenance will repair something that is a problem and not create 20 more.

Hang in there!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.