So...we have a new Status Page

Ayesha Askham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Woo! Shiny...?

er...but will this new page actually tell us the same version of the truth about SL workings as the old one or will it actually be accurate?  We will wait and see.  I, for one, hope this new set-up is more informative than a first glance suggests.

The change we see is cosmetic. But, behind it is a process change that should get us better information.

The old system required a bureaucratic process of one person finding the problem, alerting the web editor, getting things confirmed, someone making a decision to publish, and finally the web page getting updated.

Now those responsible for a section of the system will be able to directly change the notices.

Less bureaucracy.

But, will it be more responsive and accurate? You are right, we'll have to wait and see.

Restarts this morning, and actually taking place, yet Caleb is still saying there is no roll planned.

I can see that they're slightly different things, but it doesn't give me much hope for any useful improvement. That's twice we've had rolling restarts with no apparent change of code, and Calab apparently not knowing.

I shall stop before I provide a lengthy example of inappropriate content. Suffice it to say that I am English, and there were people at school who could give Johnny Rotten a run for his money. And I know abould that place in Austria.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.