Sim under constant grief with attempts at RL extortion, need help LL !

Zenless

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On a sim I co-own with several others (Fourth Dimension) we've recieved night after night of griefing.  We've tried turning rezz off, turning scripts off, nothing has been effective.  We've had the sim for around 4 years now so this is not our first time having to deal with griefers. They're using some kind of attachment in which they can create a new script that exploits some loophole to force the sim into a soft reboot.

The griefer has used over twenty accounts of various ages (yes we've tried an age kicker too) to crash the sim nearly 30 times in 3 days and has threatened to do more if we do not pay his ransom demands.  The extortion attempt was done through Skype however so I can't really use that in an AR.  What I'd ask is that LL checks the log of crashes maybe if there is some method to keep this person off of our sim? I know he uses a VPN so that may complicate things.. 

We're in desperate need of help as we are considering closing our sim over the attacks as our roleplayers and constantly having their games interupted by these crashes to the point several have quit out of frustration.  Our estate owner has filed a report and many of our sim players have filed reports.. but we're essentially under siege with few options left.  We are begging for help here LL, please help us.. we're just a bunch of roleplayers trying to have fun and have enjoyed your platform for many years, it breaks my heart to think it may end like this.

Zenless wrote:

We are begging for help here LL, please help us.. 

You can't get that from the forums. Lindens rarely look here at all, but they certainly don't process Support requests here.

And that's what this should be: a Support case. Do not waste any more time filing Abuse Reports (unless asked to, by a Linden responding to your Support case). Yeah, there are some griefers involved who need to be dealt with, but that's secondary to keeping you as a customer, which is why there's a Support group who don't have to get mired in the whack-a-mole Governance drudgery of disciplining griefers.

The extortion request takes this way beyond mere griefing, and so you should be prepared to contact RL authorities, as the Support team will likely require you to do in order to fully respond to the problem.

first you'r on the wrong place, this are forums, not support.

If you really own the sim/ of full rent, you can contact concierge support. Otherwise you only can use normal support.

Create a ticket, or use live help if you'r premium.

What i for some reason don't understand, why on earth you skype with a griefer... the more attention he gets the more he will bug you.

You could  limitting access to a group, if people want to invite others adn he visits again you will know where to look who gets the griefer inside...

Zenless wrote:

Which support option? As I do not see one for something like this. 

there must be a sim owner... let him/her do it asap

quote:

if you really own the sim/ of full rent, you can contact concierge support. Otherwise you only can use normal support.

Create a ticket, or use live help if you'r premium.

That is mostly a police matter, and this forum certainly isn't the right place for it all, as other posters pointed.

What LL will do is investigate the AR's and eventually suspend the griefers accounts (of course that they will create more.) And that is all, as the system provides you tools to solve the problem — set the region's access to group only and set the group to allow membership only by invitation.

When/if you contact the RL authorities, make sure you tell them the whole story. As Alwin pointed, it sounds a bit weird that the extortion attempt went via Skype... So it's clear to me that there is a lot more about it than you told us here, but that's none of my business, of course.

• Administrators

Hey Zenless,

I am sorry to hear of all the problems you are having right now, I understand how frustrating this is. The Governance team is the ones who will be able to properly investigate this matter and the only way to ensure they get the report, in a timely manner is by sending in an Abuse Report. Just make sure you include all the information you possibly can in the report. If you need to file multiple reports regarding the matter, make sure you make a note in there that this is linked to multiple reports around the issue.

I can assure you that the Governance team does infact review every single report that they get, so please always make sure you are filing an abuse report. Submitting a support case, or contacting via other means may actually cause the problem to take longer to be resolved.

That being said, I have given the Governance team a heads up that there are some Abuse Reports regarding this matter, and that they can likely expect more.

~Tommy Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.