SL grid loses were you are when crossing sims

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

why does the grid somtimes lose were your avatar is after crossing a sim , mostly in an aircrraft , you get unseat and find your av as far as 2 to 3 sims away stuck in the air and if you try to cam TP back to the plane you end up in another random sim.

then if you TP home you get the message your *technically there , but the viewer shows you some other place.

These steps will help reduce it.

* Make a flying outfit, remove as many scripts as you can. The less scripts you have on you the less time it will take for your old sim to stop the scripts running, "zip them up", send them to the new sim, "unzip them", and start them running again. If your hair has scripts consider wearing a hat instead.

* Remove as much clothing complexity as you can, especially mesh attachments. Each attachment needs to be loaded by the simuator and will add a little more delay. The simpler you are to load, the faster the crossing will become. The faster it is the less chance you have of a crash.

* Try to always cross away from the sim corners. If you cross from sim 1 into sim 2, then into sim 3 before sim 2 has done it's bit then you will crash. Crossing on the corners increases the risk of a sim 1/2/3 crash dramatically.

* Consider going a little bit slower. The faster you go the more chance there is of moving into a sim your computer has not yet loaded. I am able to sail a 512 LI ship at 10 knots with ease, but if I take a 32LI vehicle at 35 knots then I will surely crash. Throttle back a little and enjoy the scenery.

* Keep your draw distance to a suitable level - this one is trial and error, but I find 320 meters helps me see what is coming without overloading my network

* reduce your bandwidth setting. This is a less-is-more setting. 512 or lower can help, depending on your network.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.