Question on Inventory on the Beta Grid

mikka Luik

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2950 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

has there been a recent change regarding inventory on main grid versus beta grid?

while i realise a certain ongoing synch issue, right now I am seeing inv items that only

exist (payload tests well I am old fashioned) appearing in Beta that only exist in Main.

Overlayed on Beta Inv.... did I miss a change?

Right now, I am not seeing the old wipe Beta inv behaviour but I worry a teeny bit that this

may happen. Thats fine, I can test elsewhere after all =^^=

BTW, not interested in a  JIRA that will get snowed under  as this is a general question

but any pointers welcome.

The new Aditi inventory sync went live a few days ago.

Main grid inventory is now merged into Aditi inventory.

Each day that you login to Aditi, a script will run once a day to merge inventory from main grid to Aditi.

There is no opt out, everyone who logged into Aditi will get synced within 24hrs.

Thanks for confirming my observations :) If it works then yes can deal with  the main inv over writing possible confusion. Seems to make sense compared to the previous change password and hope approach, for a given value of sense.

Checked to see if I had missed anything, but the olde mailing list (re subscribed just in case my original signup was deactivated) seems to have not been active (or at least archived) for some time and the wiki UG minutes seem a little sparse. Not seen any group notices on either main or Aditi.

Hmm, would like to attend the inworld meets but midnight on a friday morning isn't going to happen at least not on a regular basis.

Ah well, back to finding things out via trial and much error, always been part of the fun.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2950 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.