Parcel Web Pages return Error 500 after rolling restarts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The past 3-4 weeks there has been an error occurring after the Server is restarted for the weekly rolling restart. The error causes various Parcel web pages to return an HTTP Error 500 when attempting to retrieve the page. In weeks past it required up to 4 manual restarts and several hours before the error finally clears. This week it is being even more obnoxious.

The Sim in question is on the Main Channel. The parcels affected htis week are:

It is now more than six hours after the Sim was restarted for the weekly restart. I have manually restarted the Sim 3 times now. Still no success.

Is anyone else having this sort of problem?

BTW: There is a freebie on SLM that you can obtain to report your Parcel's web page URL and its Boost value.

Yes, I think that sort of problem is almost global for the main channel sims right now, even after the rolling restarts have been finished.   I have tried to log in and was at first faced with a totally blank screen inside the borders on the SL login page. Then I got the window popup error "HTTP Error 500  Page not Found".  

When I attempted to contact  http://status.secondlifegrid.net/  to check on the status of the grid, that would not even connect.  So I checked with http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/secondlife.com.html  and it appears to be working, although with very considerable lag. 

So if you cannot get in, I suspect it is because of severe lag at which time your connection gets hung up.  Close down and try to get in again, and eventually it should let you in.

P.S. - I had to try several times to even reach these forums, as they weren't responding in a timely manner.  As far as the times listed for the rolling restarts, take those as a general time estimate.  It is not even close to the time for the next wave of rolling restarts to begin, and perhaps because of them, or perhaps to fix a problem occuring before the rollouts begin, the server seems to be having difficulties.  As listed in the notices, don't do anything critical at this time.  Refrain from purchase of no copy items (stay away from the gachas), and if making changes to your sim, prepare to lose those if restarts interrupt you.

Well that's the curious part. I can log in to SL, can wander around, build stuff .. even spend money. But I can't find the web pages that In-world Search uses to determine ranking, nor can I find the Parcels in In-World Search. So for all intents and purposes .. the Parcels have gone invisible to anyone trying to find them using Search.

If they know where we are .. it's good. But if they're trying to find us .. Oops! Outta luck!

For me it's not such a bad problem as most of my sales are SLM and word of mouth. But my Landlord, who's Rental Office and showroom are "gone"? It's a killer!

BTW: Finally about 3pm SLT I was able to restart the Sim once more and the Parcels did return. But for those hours they were gone. If I wasn't someone that watches Search like a vulture, I would never know we'd vanished. Well .. except for the massive drop in Traffic ...:matte-motes-frown:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.