No Main Server Roll this week, but no news either?

Ayesha Askham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry to moan, but while I know there is a good reason why there is no Main Server Roll this week..in fact there are 2 (good reasons), Martin Luther King jr day yesterday and some chap taking an oath somewhere(!), we have no Roll announcement today at all.

When will the RC rolls be announced?  After last week's fiasco on the RC's, what will be the set-up this week?

I know someone is bound to say "win some, lose some", but LL's recent odds have not been good.  Also textures have been slow to rez today and baking is slow to nonexistent.  It is NOT my ISP, so what is bugging the central servers this week?

Ayesha Askham wrote:

Sorry to moan, but while I know there is a good reason why there is no Main Server Roll this week..in fact there are 2 (good reasons), Martin Luther King jr day yesterday and some chap taking an oath somewhere(!), we have no Roll announcement today at all.

When will the RC rolls be announced?  After last week's fiasco on the RC's, what will be the set-up this week?

I know someone is bound to say "win some, lose some", but LL's recent odds have not been good.  Also textures have been slow to rez today and baking is slow to nonexistent.  It is NOT my ISP, so what is bugging the central servers this week?

"Our three good reasons are..."

' BluesSteel and LeTigre were rolled back

* Magnum had assorted issues of its own which may still be under investigation.

"...ok.. Four. Our FOUR good reasons are...."

(Sorry couldn't resists a Monty Python reference  :) ).

Attempts at levity aside, will endeavour to find out more at today's Simulator UG meeting.

I met a traveller from an antique sim
Who said: Two vast and trunkless prims of wood
Stand in the desart. Near them, twisted prim,
And look, a shattered sculptie lies, whose flood
Of strained pixels, smeared so long and slim,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions could
Write unread, onl faces of these Linden things,
From hand that made them and the mind that led:
And in the comments hid these words appear:
"My name is Maestro Linden, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Oh my god:smileysurprised:

I ask a simple question in this forum, and what do I get?   Monty Python and Coleridge (umm it IS bastardised Coleridge isn't it Wolf?)!:smileytongue:

Having regained my composure, which I had unaccountably lost, I see no response from a Linden source, official or otherwise, so I must assume there is still some head-scratching going on regarding the Magnum situation.

I really wish Linden Lab would stop their Ostrich impersonations at times like this.  I know it wasn't foreseen and maybe not their fault, but playing Tar Baby (to mix some metaphors) impresses no one. 

OK this has gone on long enough.

I reported an SL wind related issue with Flexible prims on out sim (8910 Woods of Heaven, LeTigre RC last week after the restart. LT and BS RCs were rolled back within 24 hours due to "instability issues".

The Flexi prim issue (SL windspeed of 10m/s or more!) is back on our sim, and earlier today there were very considerable and reproducible issues with baking and  non-prim, non-mesh assets.

What is going on?

ETA 5pm SLT:  Strangely the SL wind quietened again about 30 minutes later.  How odd! (I had raised a ticket)

RC will be getting updates - although which gets what is still TBA, so keep an eye on this sub-forum for official details.

According to Simon / Andrew, the planned updates include:

• Interest list code, with a fix for the crash mode bug which caused the stability issues last week
  • Threaded region crossing code
  • A fix for the Magnum search issue(s)

There is also a further bug fix for the current maint-server release, but details on it weren't forthcoming & Simon feels it is doubtful it'll make this week's release, as it has yet to clear QA.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.