No Deploy plans for the week of 2017-01-02

Caleb Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Firstly Happy New Year, Caleb

Secondly would you please kick whichever of your collegues who is responsible for the Grid Status Page and get them to post sensibly, please?

The restarts without roll to Main Server went without so much as a whisper on the GSP, resulting in some very confused questions being asked in a group within which I officiate.

I note that today's RC Channel roll was announced and retracted swiftly, none of us were expecting any roll, going by your thread post.

When this new-style GSP was announced last month it was supposed to give us more reliable info on the state of our virtual world.  So far as far as reporting Rolls and restarts it has been singularly inept and I am inclined to say SNAFU.

Now I know it's been the Holiday Season, but PLEASE...digitus extractus, Linden Lab.

There doesn't seem to be any reliable information about planned maintenance activities, just the possibility of a last-minute warning on the Status page. Caleb warns of server deployments, not rolling restarts for other reasons. 

Getting a warning posted by the end of the previous working day would be a Good Thing. If that doesn't happen, it makes the idea of scheduled maintenance look a bit hollow. Yes, sometimes you might need to take urgent action. Call it something else. "Planned Energency Maintenance" makes sense. You shouldn't really need to do a reversion of the Main Channel servers, not with the two stage rollout of servers, but it would be pretty easy to have a prepared plan.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.