Multiple server issues - rez, log-off, etc

Dann3Taylor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am getting absolutely sick and tired of this BS. Everytime i log onto second life - regardless which of my two avatars i use - i continually experience issues with on screen avatar rezzing. Sometimes, it can take upwards of ten minutes for my avatar to rez on screen. most times - i don't even rez.... i just remain a swirling gaseous blob. not only that, but the search window doesn't always work as it is supposed to - sometimes it doesn't even load! But this is the best of the bunch - quite often, and for no reason at all, second life will forcably log me out. But not right away, you see. It logs me out but takes up to ten minutes before deciding to notifiy me!!!! This is a server issue because it happens regardless of wether i use the secondlife viewer, firestorm viewer or the singularity viewer. And .... get this .... this issue has been going on for years now (almost nine years) and is only getting worse!!!!!! Is it because i'm on a free account that i get the horse's rear-end treatment? Honestly, linden labs are absolutely pathetic. And instead of addressing the issue at hand, they just slap a new paint job on top and hope the cracks won't show. Wake up to yourselves and fix the damned server!

Hi there!   I've read the posting and what you describe is network issues on your end.  the LL servers are actaully fine and the tracet I've run seems to indicate things are fine too along the routes.    I'm not sure what fully to suggest how to fix this as I would need to know how you have your home network setup and who your provider is.  

Danniskunk,

I'm in australia and these issues have actually gotten worse as i've updated computers for better performance. So it's not a network issue from my end. it is a server issue that seems to be affecting only the free accounts. To me, it sounds a bit of prejudice to those who don't pay.

Dann3Taylor wrote:

Danniskunk,

I'm in australia and these issues have actually gotten worse as i've updated computers for better performance. So it's not a network issue from my end. it is a server issue that seems to be affecting only the free accounts. To me, it sounds a bit of prejudice to those who don't pay.

If it was a "server issue that seems to be affecting only the free accounts" the vast majority of people all over the world who have free accounts would be saying the same thing. They aren't.

Australia is a long way from the servers and it's dependent on a comparatively narrow, non-redundant set of connections to the rest of the world. Unlike most online traffic, Second Life requires a constant two-way real-time connection from the servers to the viewer. On the forums there are a fair number of other Australians who talk about similar issues. The fact that it's been happening for you for nine years with different computers and viewers suggests that it's between your computer and the servers - that's what people telling you that you have "network problems" are saying.

And there's nothing Linden Lab can do about that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.