Missing strips of land on Main Map

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

An infinitely long time, if you don't file a jira about it.

I mentioned it in passing at a Server User Group meeting a couple weeks ago. Nobody noticed, but then I didn't make a big deal about it, thinking it may cure itself. Obviously not. And just as obviously, I haven't bestirred myself to file a jira either.

I dropped a post about it in this forum more than two months ago, but didn't file a JIRA, either, as nobody seemed to care. :matte-motes-tongue:

The issue comes and goes, sometimes really bad, and a mess when you intend go out sailing or flying an airplane. Still, since I posted here, it has been happening on the world map only, once in a while, but not on the mini map anymore (at least not for me) so it's more or less bearable.

• 2 weeks later...

Whirly, thanks for posting to the jira yesterday the following update: "We were told at the TPV meeting that the map servers are crashing on a particular map tile when trying to stitch them together, which is causing this problem. Linden Lab are working on fixing it."

In fact, just a couple hours ago, Whirly reported on the jira that the problem is fixed and the map tiles appear as they should. As far as I can tell, that appears to be the case.

(There are a few regions on Zindra that are never mapped at zoom levels above the most detailed, including Predrow and the three Selano Beach regions, as well as some sims around Whitney Trace. Those glitches have survived numerous failures and fixes on the other continents.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.