Lots of regions buggered

MBeatrix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Many regions are not responding in a fashionable time and some are even down. The GSP says nothing about it, though.
Is there any additional maintenance going on? Does anyone know?

[EDIT] Just a few examples I verified: Wolsing, Von Luckner, Alonim (down) and Gonkbrunk (down)

[EDIT 2]  Gonkbrunk just got back online (3:18 SLT)

i won't say it's not true what you claim... but 4 regions down isn't a lot, and when comes back online while you'r posting it's most likely even less than a lot..i'd prefer to call it a few.

Placing it on forums won't help a lot to get it back online either, sending in a ticket will be more helpfull because LL rarely comes here to see whats happening inworld.

ok i can confirm seeing trouble in Von Luckner, but it is intermittent. first few minutes there were fine, then there was a period of a few minutes where pings went into tens of seconds, then suddenly it got better again.

region Nautilus - Alonim was up when i tried it, and both it and Gonkbrunk  show uptimes of about two days, so it could be the same problem as what happened in Von Luckner

it may appear from LL's end that everything is fine, and support tickets and calls may be how they learn it's broken from the outside. it feels like a network problem.

[..] Nautilus - Alonim was up when i tried it [...]

I crashed crossing from Von Luckner to Alonim. When I tried re-logging at Alonim, I got an error message telling the region was unavailable and was sent to some info hub.

[...] support tickets and calls may be how they learn it's broken from the outside. it feels like a network problem.

Yes, I just want to be sure it is a persistent issue. If it is, I will open a support case.

Anyway, thanks for checking it. :matte-motes-smile:

[EDIT] I just went to check Wolsing again, and I was logged out when I tried to teleport out of it. So yes, may be a network issue affecting some regions... Who knows?

[uPDATE] Normal conditions for the regions I mentioned earlier seem to have been re-established.

I could teleport into and out all of them several times without any issue. Also, crossing from Villaamil to Von Luckner and from Von Luckner to Nautilus - Alonim on a sailboat went normally.

So what ever it was, has been fixed.

Thank you all who replied and/or checked this thread.

Looking at the time stamps on your posts and thinking about when server updates roll out... There shouldn't be a problem from servers restarting post roll. 

However, according to what I see in the Deploys thread something did go wrong with the Wednesday roll out. There is no follow up from a Linden. We might hear an explaination at the Server Beta UG today at 3PM PT. I won't make it. 

Looking at the time stamps on your posts and thinking about when server updates roll out... There shouldn't be a problem from servers restarting post roll. [...]

Exactly. Also, 3 of the 4 regions I personally took the time to verify (those I mentioned earlier) are in the Main Channel, and thus were restarted Tuesday - only Von Luckner is a RC region (Bluesteel). More: I can assure that both Von Luckner and Nautilus - Alonim were fine yesterday, after the RC rolling restarts (I sailed through both.)

Anyway, whatever it was is fixed. :matte-motes-smile:

You know, I couldn't have put it more eloquently.

I'm finding this as well.

My hypothesis is that the exercise that required putting "Experience" into every single parcel, every group, every thing, is causing more strain on the servers  or more liability to mess-up. And here we all are. Hardly any "Experiences" and degradation of the previous experience small "e."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.