Login failed? Password not recognized?

Talu Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Whats happening to the server? Tried to login multiple of times but it fails, works fine on the forums.... 

I keep getting this messege now 

Login failed

Logins to Second Life have been temporarily disabled. Please monitor the Grid status page for updates.

No updates or announcements to be seen... 

Thank goodness it's not just me.  I can't get to My Account via the webpage either.  Have been trying to confirm my account has not been hacked.  Recently had indirect contact with an account thief, and now this.

Frustrating to be directed to check here for Grid Status when there is no information currently about any issues.

likely once again LL's brillent server management. Gee im suprised the thing runs at all. its been down for hours more or less with no updates or word on logins being allowed back in.  Bravo.

and yes way to leave it to me to think something was wrong with my account at first...... oh well. guess we wait.......whenever LL "magically" decided to turn it back on.  logins will come back on. Wonder how long it will take THIS time.

well i will say i havent noticed major outtages much lately but then again i may have not been playing as much as i have sometimes........gotta LOVEEEEEEEE second life.   I really dont know what LL employees do all day long but i do wonder if it is indeed managing second life at all........considering all the issues.  

You know, for once I think we need to cut the LL server team a little slack here.  Firstly, they tried to get the cluster**bleep** unravelled and reopen logins.  That overloaded the system and it screwwed up again.  So then logins were disabled while the system was rebuilt and eventually we all get tp play in their virtual world. 

Ontop of that as I understand it the wildfires in the USA around the area of the SL server farm at Tucson are probably making life interesting, in the Chinese Proverb sense.

They posted to the GSP as soon as the load slackened off on the website enough to allow it to work.

I'm no apologist for Linden Lab, their way of working (sic) has baffled me for years, but on this occasion I think they ARE trying to sort things out. :smileyfrustrated:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.