Large items disappearing from Mainland Plot

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is the second time in a month when I have had to redo the front area of my store because sections just vanished. They were mine. I built them (mostly mesh, some prim). They were both CLEARLY inside the land lines and they abut the linden roadway. 

Two weeks ago the trees disappeared with a SECTION of my front entry wall.

This morning a large grassy section AND the bus stop and pad disappeared.

The no copy big tree and grasses happily remained.

Being an old timer I of course had copies (some of which have mysteriously turned to no mod recently so things must not be going well :D).

Anyway, there appears to be an issue and reporting as I know some devs read this thread.

EDITED:   A nice person contacted me in world with some ideas but I had checked those.

Physics boxes (in some cases it was just a prim that was returned so no special "bounding box" there) were good and inside property. The two trees might have been into the air of the right of way but not the other items and the trees are not linked to the walls. 

ITEMS WERE NOT RETURNED TO LOST AND FOUND like happens when you encroach.

Checked with the Linden Viewer and nothing miraculously appreared, so the items missing from today and a couple of weeks ago are still gone, not a viewer cache issue.

There may be other things missing as it is a quarter of a sim withe various demo levels, but at least I know THESE things disappeared :D.

That object complexity bug comes to mind. It's hit me a few times when I was resizing mesh items, and then overflowed land LI allowance, and random things dissapeared.

I've been wondering lately if I exploited the same bug in someone's shop if the same would happen to them, or it's only one's own objects affected.

I could be totally meowing up the wrong tree here.

The items that disappeared were VERY low land impact (like 4 to 7), some just prims and I have a couple of hundred LIs for buffer at all times. No one can rez on my land other than folk perhaps in the same land group (just fixed that :D)   but I have autoreturn on also.

The only missing areas that I have FOUND have been there along the roadway.  I replaced them easy enough but since the do NOT come back to the Lost and Found just realizing they are missing can take some days. I am usually up in the sky. AND thinking about that now, if someone had tried to overfill the land I would have (should have) had any items taken off come back in my Lost and Found with a notice.  I can remember that happening on a 512 once.

There is very little that can be lost that I can't replace since it is a shop with all my stuff, but it is a hassle.   

Actually I am not premium :D. Payment info used doesn't mean premium LOL.      It is also rental land, not "mine" so I am not the landowner. But hopefully the problem will abate.   Frequently our little extra ISSUES do disappear on their own. If it is a real technical oops I suspect someone else will file a ticket.

thanks.

Was this long ago or lately? 

I have lost plenty of things but mostly UNREZZED items in inventory. I consider things rezzed "safer" and have usually been proved true on that. Since I have VERY few no copy items (a few gacha things) and I take semi regular backups of the home sim coelesced, it isn't a HUGE deal, just seemingly something amiss.

I've had that happen twice at my land. Fairly substantial objects but not particularly high LI, well and truly on my own land and in a sim with plenty of prims to spare suddenly vanished without a trace. That was more than a year ago and I never tried to figure out why or how it happened. I just rezzed backup copies.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.