Large Groups Fixes LIVE on AGNI

Oskar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

These fixes were released to Magnum this morning, but then we found issues in llSensor() that required us to remove the code from a channel as large as Magnum. We have a very small qa channel called the Snack RC Channel that we put the changes on.

- https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Snack/12

You can find them here. You will need to be  a member of the group Second Life Beta to access them. You can join that group here: http://world.secondlife.com/group/19657888-576f-83e9-2580-7c3da7c0e4ca

You will need to use a development vwr on those regions to access the large group fix changes:

Have fun, and discuss issues found in this thread.

__Oskar

This is not a forum thread for off-topic and unproductive ranting. I will no longer tolerate it. This forum thread is to discuss newly found issues in the Release Candidate channels. If you feel the need to have your opinions heard on topics unrelated to new bugs then please start your own thread. If an individual continues to post unproductive and off-topic comments I will take measures to remedy that.

If you are unsure about your posting please read this : "Linden Lab Official:Community Participation Guidelines"

Question if I may. 

I have a few groups that the huge member list never loads and I am unable to change my preferences for 'group notices' and 'show in profile.'  No matter how many times I have changed them the change never takes.

If I log in as described above with the test viewer will I be able to save my preferences and afterwards will they not revert when I use the official viewer or a TPV?

Thanks

Perrie

Perrie Juran wrote:

Question if I may. 

I have a few groups that the huge member list never loads and I am unable to change my preferences for 'group notices' and 'show in profile.'  No matter how many times I have changed them the change never takes.

If I log in as described above with the test viewer will I be able to save my preferences and afterwards will they not revert when I use the official viewer or a TPV?

Thanks

Perrie

Yes.

__Oskar

Oskar Linden wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Question if I may. 

Thanks

Perrie

Yes.

__Oskar

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

I joined the "Beta" group, have download the "development" viewer, teleported to the region, opened my group to check if the member's list has rezzed:

1. Hard to say if it has rezzed completely since there is no any counter.
  2. Let's imagine it is rezzed. The name of the group and name of the founder not rezzing, says "Loading..."
  3. Do you plan to extrapolate this "bug fix" on the whole system of viewers or want me to use only this special viewer in each case I need to work with member's list? Do you plan to make an "addon" which can fit any viewer once downloaded?
  4. When I asked Baker Linden about fix issue he said something near of what you've said: live on agni, released on magnum, in IISensor(), code from a channel, small qa channel, the Snack RC Channel - who need all those specifically technical details? I am sure very few people knows what are you talking about. Thus would like to ask all the Linden tech team be more "user friendly" in your "message". Right now is hard for reading, hard for understanding, especially for non-english residents.

Did you teleport to one of the locations Oskar has listed in his post? This fix is only live on areas running the snack RC channel.

To check which channel is running on the sim you're in, in the Second Life viewer go to help and about and it will say something like:

rcchannel.jpg

Second Life RC BlueSteel means you're on the BlueSteel channel, the new fix isn't running on sims on the BlueSteel channel, so you wouldn't notice the changes if testing it on that sim.

loading.jpg

Statistics 1.jpgStatistics 2.jpg

Same problem as Vic.  This was after waiting five minutes.  (My FPS momentarily drop when I do the screen shots.....but I think that's normal).

Second Life 3.4.1 (265496) Oct  3 2012 14:33:43 (Second Life Developer)
Release Notes

You are at 262,053.0, 243,313.0, 22.7 in Snack Sandbox 1 located at sim2928.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.0.161:12035)
Second Life RC Snack 12.10.19.266068
Release Notes

CPU: AMD Processor model unknown (3000.1 MHz)
Memory: 3328 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (Build 2600) compatibility mode. real ver: 6.0 (Build 2900)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2/3DNOW!

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 6.14.0013.0142
OpenGL Version: 3.3.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.0
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 0/933 (0.0%)

Is there any other info I can supply to help.  My Internet is 12MB.

Loading 2.jpg

Statistics 3.jpgStatistics 4.jpg

For Comparison with the Official Viewer.  I removed my home location.  I don't post that publicly.

Second Life 3.4.0 (264911) Sep 19 2012 11:15:02 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

You are at ..............................agni.lindenlab.com (.....................)
Second Life Server ................................
Error fetching server release notes URL.

CPU: AMD Processor model unknown (3000.11 MHz)
Memory: 3328 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (Build 2600) compatibility mode. real ver: 6.0 (Build 2900)
Graphics Card: GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2/3DNOW!

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 6.14.0013.0142
OpenGL Version: 3.3.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 30/9,259 (0.3%)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At 262172.0, 242963.0, 22.8 in Snack Sandbox 4 located at sim2928.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.0.161:13002)
Second Life RC Snack 12.10.19.266068

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I dun know if im to put it here or not but i notice profiles & groups that arent preloaded before entry will not load for me in this sim, and same for the other 3 sims boarderding it.

Also if you log out and log back in while in that sim Linden Balance displays "L$??" Till you relog in another sim or have someone pay like  at lest L$1 to force it to refresh.

Other people I know have seen this as well. if its already been reported sorry, kinda dont wanna read every post. ^.^

So think of it as a confromation then if another person says the same thing.

Other then that sim been fun to go to, so i can tinker with things, or do donuts in my car.  :matte-motes-big-grin:

Oh and its only been this sim "Snack Sandbox 3" that all my scripts just stop working, all together. i dun know if scripts turned off because it dose not say there turned off. So dont know if this is a issue or how its suppose to be.

if there any thing like to ask or infromation thats needed. Ill try to get it, likely ill know how to get but just incase tell me incase i dont.  Thanks, and keep up the work!

~~ Other infromaiton i dont think is relavent from my own analysis and others i seen with the same issues ~~

Firestorm 4.2.2 (29837) Aug 27 2012 18:51:58 (Firestorm-Release) 

((Note much as i like to help impove SL, Dont ask me to install main viewer. Sorry ^.^ ))

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 215 Processor (2700 MHz)
Memory: 4026 MB
OS Version: Linux 3.2.0-23-generic-pae #36-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 10 22:19:09 UTC 2012 i686
Graphics Card: GeForce 9600 GT/PCIe/SSE2/3DNOW!

I keep recieving complaints from people that cannot load my group anymore. So I went testing it. I am currently on a Magnum Sim and trying to load a group with 10.500 members and it does not work at all. The memberlist shows just "No match". I am using the current Beta Viewer 3.4.1. I tried the same with Phoenix and got the same result. With the Development viewer the group memberlist loads. Are other viewers than the Dev-Viewer completly blocked from being able to load large memberlists on Magnum? Is this on purpose? Can they still send notices? Will Phoenix support the large group loading when it comes to the main channel? I don´t think this is a good idea if this is on purpose. This would actually be worse then before. Can´t you set it so the new viewer always loads groups via HTTP and the other viewers still work as they did before?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Lindens

Yes Stephan, if you want to view the group member list for groups containing more than 10,000 users, you will need to use a  viewer that supports the new interface, such as the 3.4.2 beta viewer.

The large group fixes are going to the main channel tomorrow:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/12#12.11.02.266530

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.