Internet Connection ...

Sa3ed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Every Body ...

I have problem to log in to my Avatare , I try alot of viewer and the same problem .

i try to log in from another cafenet , and i can log in there , but the problem is that i work in that Cafenet where it doesn't work and i have a speed lan here and every thing is ok , I make a look to the raouter sitting and every thing is ok .

but i didn't know why i can't access to the SL from here ? ? 

I Think I Have A problem With the DNS IP ... any one know some thing about that 

Plz  Help Me ... 

this message they said to me ... 

we are having trouble connection . there may be a problem with the your internet connection or the second life Grid.You Cab Either check your internet connection and try again in a few minutes , click help to view the second life support Protal , or click teleport to attempt to teleport home.

Are you using your own Laptop? Sometimes it may have something to do with your AntiVirus setting. I had a DNS connection problem before and it will only allows me to logged in intermittently. Someone suggested to uninstall the antivirus and set my laptop to total administrative access. I did and I also changed my Antivirus .. that worked well so far.

If I understand your question correctly, you are having a problem logging in from an Internet cafe (public hotspot) but can log in fine from your home network.  There are a couple things, at least, that could be the problem.  First the Internet cafe may have the network setup to block certain types of Internet sites or applications.........completely understandable for blocking high data transfer programs, which SL is very much one such program.  Another might be that even if nothing is blocked by the network, the wireless connection plus other traffic on the cafe network is too slow and your connection to the servers is just too slow and it times out on you preventing you from logging in.  That IP address is a typical IP assigned by the router controlling the network.  Your IP on your home network is probably the same except for the last set of numbers.  The IP on the public internet will change according to the number of connections.  That number is unimportant to LL since it only sees the ISP's IP address.

Thx Peggy  Paperdoll  but what i have to do to fix this problem , and for more knowledge I can log to SL from another cafenet not from my home work connection , but the main problem is that new cafenet where SL can;t log in to it , I work in it and I be there for 10 hours . And the booth cafes I work on internet via Wi-Fi .

If the problem is the Internet cafe and how it's setup (like for blocking high bandwidth programs), the fix is to speak to the network administrator............they would be the ones who would fix that problem for you (if they are so inclined to do so.........which is probably doubtful).  If the problem is the wireless connection to the Internet cafe and the speed of the Internet cafe's connection, then there's little you can do except to find a better hotspot.  If it's the place where you work then you are most likely not going to be able to access SL from your place of work..........and, to be honest, that may very well be the intent of your network administrator (you're there to work, not play).

Because you can connect at one cafe and not the other means that there is nothing wrong with your Second Life viewer or your laptop... therefore, the problem has to be the internet connection.

As Peggy stated, there could be a block on high usage internet connections (such as Second Life) or it could be that the internet connection is just not good enough to connect to Second Life. 

You have to talk to whoever owns the internet connection at your place of work to get it fixed, that is the only way. There's nothing we can do to help you with that. Hopefully, the owner can work with you to figure it out.

Good luck... Dres

Thx Dres ... 

But Every Thing Is Ok Here At Sitting .. And For The Speed Lan : Here Is faster than the old one ...

and if you have Experience in the router sitting Tell me to talk to you on somewhere like MSn Or Skype Cuz i really want to figure it out.

• 8 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.