I can't login

AyamiChan97

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been in SL for about 8 months and I've never had this problem before. Whenever I try to login my viewer freeze for few minutes at "waiting for region handshake"

I tried to use a different viewers like firestorm and alchemy, changed my DNS, used another PC, changed my login location but still it doesn't work ;(

When you ask a question like this include information about your viewer and computer. Use the viewer's HELP->ABOUT... to get the info and then paste it in with your question.

That you have been using SL for 8 months or so suggests it is not a firewall problem. You can test quickly by turning off your firewall and trying to log in. If that solves the problem then it is your firewall and you'll need to configure it to let SL connect. Otherwise move on to other possibilities. 

You have eliminated viewer problems by using different viewers.

Having used a different computer further suggests it is not the computer's firewall, but if they use the same firewall software.. may be not.

What changed just before you started having the problem?

You don't say if the alternate computer is in the same house using the same connection.

You have pretty much narrowed it to the router/gateway. I would guess that you have restarted the router/gateway device. But, if not, try that.

If you haven't read through Troubleshoot Your SL Connection, read it to see if you have missed anything. There are steps there for figuring out if the problem is you, the ISP, or SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.