How come i cant log in and keep getting a login failed message?

Antumbra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I tried to log in using different viewers and I keep getting the same login failed message it says "Login failed. despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong.  Please check status.secondlifegrid.net to see if there is a known problem with the service.  if you continue to experience problems, please check your network and firewall setup" It happened yesterday too while they were doing maintenance for login systems but it ended so why is it still happening?

Wake up guys, looking at the recent entries to this and the viewer forum this seems to be a major problem, and  if people can't log in to sl they can't spend money here and ultimately loose interest and leave or go to a more stable world.  This is not in the best interest of SL, LL, the SL economy or anyone else involved and one would thing it would be a priority, but over the last couple of weeks it has, along with crashes gotten progressively worse and LL seems to have ignored the issue except for a bit of unscheduled maintainece, that by the way caused still more crashes, and it remains festering.

i tried everything, unplugging modem and router, rebooting the computer, closing potentially-blocking softwares like Peerblock, but nothing worked...

This seem to be a huge problem, and hopefully Linden Labs isn't ignoring this!

edit: i tried changing DNS servers as well with the Google public DNS, and it didn't worked. i tried flushing DNS cache, it didn't worked.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.