Group Powers of Deed, Insert Stream, Terraform Not Working

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have never in my nearly 12 years of Second Life seen the group tools so completely broken.

There was a time about 10 years ago when the Lindens reformed the group tools and made the ability to deed items to the group a power that could be put in any role, that didn't just accrue to the owner and officers (as was the original default). There was a time when those of us who were Mainland group landlords had to constantly make "TV house calls" to deed TVs or radios. That ended in about 2007-2008 and made a huge difference.

Now this function is utterly broken. In most groups and on my sims, I can't even deed items in my own group where I am owner and where my group owns the land.

Most tenants, even when switched to a role with the ability to deed items to the group and put in URLs to the sound tab on the land menu, cannot do this.

This despite relogging, double-clicking to make sure the group tag kicks in, and despite even making new groups with no avatars or land in them but 3 founders.

Yes, I have filed a ticket. Other Mainland landlords I've talked to know about this, and figure it will be fixed in the next rollout. But it's been a week.

I was told in response to my ticket that I should "go on Project Viewer where the bugs are fixed." Really, guys? I bit on that one last weekend to check out VMM -- and lost 2 skins, inventory, etc. that didn't return, what a pain. Had to completely re-do my avatar off a Ruth -- again, an ancient problem.

Next, after that answer, I was told to "clear cache and log into Ahern where I would likely not experience this problem."

Are they daft? What group item exactly am *I* going to deed in Ahern, Governor Linden's prim she left out on share for me? Seriously?

I have not seen anything so utterly destroy Mainland business as this bug -- and I do have to wonder if this is the preferred method to soften up the Mainlanders to get flushed off to Sansar.

Eject/ban also does not work; terraform works sometimes in some groups on some sims. It is a very strange feeling to be in your own activated group, on your own land, and see terraform just not work. I have never seen such thorough bugs.

My suspicion and I'm sure I'll be naysayed is that this is related to jamming in "Experience" to groups and land.

Prokofy Neva wrote:

Most tenants, even when switched to a role with the ability to deed items to the group and put in URLs to the sound tab on the land menu, cannot do this.

This sounds like https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-9735

This bug is fixed on the RC regions only, since the Wednesday roll to 15.07.28.303910.

if Avatar A is promoting Avatar B to a new role, then it is Avatar A who must be on an RC region when they do this.

It does not matter what region Avatar B is on when the role promotion is done. Avatar B can be offline.

Thanks, yes, as I noted I recall it was under "about Second Life". I just couldn't see it.

Today I'm seeing it. I think before it just wasn't all pulling up, but only said "Retrieving".

As for the bug fixed, apparently, but with variations.

There has always been an issue that people with Firestorm have to relog after every role change to make it kick in. The regular SL viewer seems to be able to do this on the fly during that log-in session.

Prokofy Neva wrote:

There has always been an issue that people with Firestorm have to relog after every role change to make it kick in. The regular SL viewer seems to be able to do this on the fly during that log-in session.

You have to relog after a role change on the Linden viewer too to be able to access the extra abilities in that role.

It's a really old bug which even predates the V2/V3 based viewers.

If you are invited to a group directly into an elevated role then a relog doesn't appear necessary in that case.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.