Gridstatus ...ehmm guyss update please?

Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alwin

You want to know the Status of the Grid Status Page?  It's easy -  "Lights On, Nobody Home". 

It's still holiday time and I very much doubt if anyone with posting permissions is around at Battery Street.

Sorry, I know that is negative-sounding, but it is also very likely to be correct.

I agree with Ayesha. When the Lindens come in today (probably tomorrow 1/3) they will be sorting out problems and fixing them as quickly as they can. The status page will be a distant consideration if remembered at all.

Also, you write as if you are addressing a Linden... you know better.

I am seeing lots of questions about failed MP deleveries. So, likely something is wrong.

On the Lindex it is difficult to say. Too many people still fail to understand what a buy order is and the time it takes to transact.

Yes

My Homestead was also restarted this UK afternoon and as of a few minutes ago a series of major spikes suggested that it was still ongoing.  No notification of any sort on the GSP or server thread, so since the holidays are over so there's no excuse for not warning us.  Getting the restart gong in the midst of an RP is just unnecessary and annoying.

ah Monty

If only that sense of humour were more widely shown!  Mind you, you have to admit the responses and the GSP have been rather SNAFU so far this year.

Never mind, a good laugh is most therapeutic!  :smileyvery-happy:

I'm imagining Caleb's first comment on being re-rezzed:  "That's aonther fine mesh you've gotten me into."

• Lindens

Ayesha Askham wrote:

If only that sense of humour were more widely shown!  Mind you, you have to admit the responses and the GSP have been rather SNAFU so far this year.

Agree with you without qualification.  Services notices are part of business operations and those are material to the entire SL ecosystem.  So keep prodding.

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering just how much of the hard-working talent is focused on Sansar...

The MLK Day suspension of support services was classed as "Maintenance". which is just wrong, but at least we got the reminder.

Monty, I remember meeting you a couple of times, in-world. The Lindens I have seen recently just aren't memorable.

They seek him here,

They seek him there.

Is he in Sansar, or is he in...  Well!

That damned elusive Linden swell.

arabellajones wrote:

I am wondering just how much of the hard-working talent is focused on Sansar...

It's easy to complain when things go wrong and there are certainly lots of things that go wrong in SL. ;)

But honestly, I don't think there has been a reduction in the quality of service after Sansar was announced. It has actually improved considerably. It's not anywhere near good enough of course but the Lindens working on SL are fighting a battle against a huge army of ghosts from the past. I don't think many people realize just how badly Second Life, and especially the Second Life software, was mismanaged for a decade and how much problems that causes today.

Yes, we should complain about the mess but, as I've said before, we shouldn't blame it on the cleaners.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.