Failed Log-in - "Updating friends list" - What to do

nikkiadore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To all of you that cannot log in to your viewers (whatever viewer you are using) while the viewer stops in the

"Updating friends list"

procedure and you get a message:

Login Failed.

Despite our best efforts something unexpected has gone wrong. 

Please check status.secondlifegrid.net to see if there is a known problem with the service. 

If you continue to experience problems please check your network and firewall setup.

There is no point at all to clear cache, re-install the viewer (regardless which viewer you use), install another viewer (you will not be able to log in again), try another computer or another connection (again you will not be able to log in) or do anything to your computer, to your firewall, to your router or/and to your OS.

The problem is withing the LL server and how it communicates with your account internally, within the LL servers and network. Has nothing to do with you, with your viewer, with your computer, with your connection.

Here are the steps to follow:

- Go to this link: https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

- In the "What type of problem are you having?" choose "Account issue"

- In the "Account issue" choose "Second Life Viewer Login Issues" (it doesn't matter what viewer you are using)

- In the "* What is the Second Life account name that is having login issues?" give your username NOT the name of your avi in case you have renamed it (for example it is "nikkiadore Resident" and NOT "Nikki Adore")

- In the "* What region were you attempting to log into?" type "All"

- In the "* What Operating System are you using?" click to the corresponding OS of your computer

- In the "* What is the error message?" box write "Friends List Login Failure"

- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Submit"

An e-mail will arrive to your e-mail account informing you about the submission of the support ticket.

Now... you wait the LL support team to see it and fix it. For me it took two days after posting the support ticket.

If you have premium subscription you can also try the online support, hopefully it will be faster for you (don't have such a subscription, don't know if it actually will be faster).

Good luck to all

Nikki

PS

For more info see the following

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-11108

http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/SUP-16433

Chic you must be a premuim member for them to fix it so quick for you, I have been trying to log in since 9pm SLT it is now 2:26am SLT and I still can't log in to the account i getting the "Updating Friends list" then the error.

I hate that this is going on and i am one of the people that was caught in the mix of this my avatar costed a lot to do everything i wanted to do to her and I do not want to upload that money to my alt just to get her looking excat to my main avatar but if I have to believe me I will but i would rather have this fixed.

Esmeraldazs wrote:

Chic you must be a premuim member for them to fix it so quick for you, I have been trying to log in since 9pm SLT it is now 2:26am SLT and I still can't log in to the account i getting the "Updating Friends list" then the error.

I hate that this is going on and i am one of the people that was caught in the mix of this my avatar costed a lot to do everything i wanted to do to her and I do not want to upload that money to my alt just to get her looking excat to my main avatar but if I have to believe me I will but i would rather have this fixed.

there are avatars waiting for 2 weeks now... so be a bit patient, every account has to be solved manually so it will take a while.

And being premium or not has not much to do with it. They sometimes seem to be quicker because they can use live support, so dont have to wait till a employee manually sets the problem in the row to be solved.

and everybody hates it not to be able to log in, you'r no exception or special to want that.. otherwise there wouldn't be hundreds of posts with this problem ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.