Emergency Deploy Starting Now

Oskar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To solve a security issue with the Experience Tools that were deployed to Magnum last week we are doing an emergency simulator rolling restart deploy. This has already begun.

Regions on the following channels will be restarted with the fixed code:

• Main Channel
  • BlueSteel
  • LeTigre

Magnum will not be restarted because the issue is not possible in Magnum regions. We will have no rolling restart Tuesday morning. The Wednesday morning RC channels will roll at the usual time.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

__Oskar

Well, that was unexpected. Ima have to do a video recording of me simboarding, me practicing simball and me driving my car, but this has been delayed due to the emergency deploy. Ima have to do it either tomorrow or when the restarts complete later on tonight.

jjccc Coronet wrote:

Is this emergency rollback anything to do with the person going arround second life force mass teleporting everyone out of a sim to different welcome areas

That's it exactly. And Oskar's notice is wrong. While other sims may have been restarted, it *did* affect Magnum. llTeleportAgent() and the other Experience functions have been disabled in all Magnum RC regions.

broy1221 wrote:

I'm honestly surprised by this quick action, thanks LL!  I just hope the griefers responsible throw a hissy fit when they discover their new toy is broken.

they would just make another new toy. they dont throw hissy fits. griefers grief to get a response not to be ignored. thus when LL responds they enjoy it. and us residents annoy LL (so to speak i dont really mean annoy like it looks but bug them like wise) and LL has to respond because we do. i bet if we got griefed and didnt pay no mind to the griefer they would become board with SL and leave. that is why Oskar has been having to do emergency server restarts and what not.

@Rohacan

I guess someone in QA is going to have to look at the exploit and find out how to close the loop-hole before it is released onto the Grid again.  Even allowing for Rod's enthusiasm for such code, it will be a couple of weeks.

That will also allow some time for some serious discussions in the programming section about releasing dangerously exploitable code onto the grid.  If something like that happens again, someone is going to sue Linden Lab on a Privacy-invasion issue.

"releasing dangerously exploitable code onto the grid" .. LLabs will never be able to prevent grieffing. A grieffer can work around a new feature in Aditi, not talk about it, and wait that this feature has been deployed in Agni.

It would be nice if I could, as a region owner, go in "Region/Domaine" => "Version" and select the previous one (12.05.??????)  and continue to work with thoses features in my region xD

But I will survive, I have many other things to work on, hopefully

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.