Deploys for the week of 2015-11-23

Caleb Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server (main channel)

The main channel is getting the server maintenance project, which was previously on RC BlueSteel, Magnum and LeTigre channels

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/15#15.11.13.307797

Scheduled Tuesday 2015-11-24 03:00-09:00 PDT

Second Life RC BlueSteel:

No Roll

Second Life RC LeTigre:

No Roll

Second Life RC Magnum:

No Roll

We will be monitoring this thread as the code gets released, so feel free to note any observations you have about the server updates.  If you have a specific bug you'd like to report, please file a Jira.

Well my issue shouldn't have anything to do with this since it says Demondrille is on RC Magnum 15.11.13 which I am guessing means there was NO change. However, since the rollout time ( I noticed when I logged in the afternoon), I have lost shadows in Demondrille (mainland).

I asked for a region restart and that didn't fix it. I asked the help desk to pass along the info to those that needed to know. I have shadows on all the other sims I visit, just not in Demondrille (same Windlight - just TPing).  I have never had an issue with shadows before and I take lots of photos on this sim so it would be very apparent.

Have no clue, but still no shadows :(      Very very strange.   

Shadows are viewer side, not server.

I see shadows on Demondrille region just fine. However in the SW of the region there is a large platform in the sky covering about 1/4 of the region and this is casting that whole quadrant with a huge shadow.

Is that maybe the problem?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.