Deploys for the week of 2012-06-18

Oskar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The rezzing fix goes live tomorrow morning!

Second Life Server (main channel)

We are promoting the rezzing fix that was on Magnum. That is all that is in this channel.

• Bug Fixes
    • SVC-7902: Problem of not being able to rez on my land continues

2012-06-19, 5:00am: Release Notes: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/12

Second Life RC BlueSteel

This channel will have the simulator changes to process prebaked avatar textures for library outfits. This is the same code that was on here last week.

2012-06-20, 7-11:00am: Release Notes: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/12

Second Life RC LeTigre

This channel contains new simulator changes to help with infrastructure projects.

• Bug Fixes:
    • SVC-8000: Noticed 06-14-12 on LeTigre server in Cleary. LSL function llGetWallclock() displays number of seconds since Zulu (GMT) midnite instead of Pacific midnite
    • SVC-8004: Region server names now include backslashes, apparently escaping the space that follows.
    • SVC-7598: Error fetching server release notes URL.

2012-06-20, 7-11:00am: Release Notes: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/12

Second Life RC Magnum

This channel contains new simulator changes to help with infrastructure projects.

• Bug Fixes:
    • SVC-8000: Noticed 06-14-12 on LeTigre server in Cleary. LSL function llGetWallclock() displays number of seconds since Zulu (GMT) midnite instead of Pacific midnite
    • SVC-8004: Region server names now include backslashes, apparently escaping the space that follows.
    • SVC-7598: Error fetching server release notes URL.

2012-06-20, 7-11:00am: Release Notes: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/12

We will be monitoring this thread during the next week so please feel free to post issues that you feel have been introduced by the new code. Please file a JIRA for issues you find and post the JIRA link into this thread. It really helps us out. When determining if issues are relevant or not research is key. Tracking down exactly the right situation where an issue is occurring greatly speeds up the development process to get fixes in place.

I appreciate your help. Have a good week!

__Oskar

p.s. If you are interested in helping test SecondLife in beta please join the group "Second Life Beta" in-world. We also have an email list where we communicate upcoming projects and how you can help. (https://lists.secondlife.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/server-beta ) Once a week we meet on ADITI to discuss new features, new bugs, new fixes, and other fun stuff. You are more than welcome. Information is here:https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Server_Beta_User_Group

Region Lusk.  Right now.  I just tried and got up to 169 meters.

Oh...  I Just tried in Perry and I can fly high.  Maybe somebody flipped a switch on the region.  It doesn't seem to be a parcel thing.

Ardy Lay wrote:

Region Lusk.  Right now.  I just tried and got up to 169 meters.

Oh...  I Just tried in Perry and I can fly high.  Maybe somebody flipped a switch on the region.  It doesn't seem to be a parcel thing.

I've been looking into it this morning. The config file wasn't updated properly. It was an issue for only a few machines. We're working to fix it.

Thanks for reporting it.

__Oskar

OK, this is a strange problem.  Not sure if this requires a JIRA or what I would file the JIRA under.

My Land Lady just moved from an Estate SIM that was on Magnum to a new SIM that is on Main Channel.

I used a simple teleporter I made to get from my home to where everyone on the SIM hangs out.  One click and I was there.

Each time used the 'object' is supposed to return to the same start location.  It doesn't.  Each time I use it it keeps getting higher and higher. I thought maybe the problem had to do with SVC-7902 but after the restart today the problem is still there.

I went and tested on a Magnum and on a Blue Steel SIMs and it works perfectly.  But not on Main Channel.

This is the script I am using:

// Archived by: RvA Hax
// Downloaded from http://www.secondlifesocial.net
// All copyright belongs to their respective owners.

//The target location .. change this to where you want to end up (x, y, z)
vector gTargetPos = <126, 116, 23>;
// Text for the "pie menu"
string gSitText="Teleport";
// Define channel number to listen to user commands from
integer myChannel = 123;

// No need to edit the global variables below

// Return position for tp object - no need to edit
vector gStartPos=<0,0,0>;
// Key for avatar sitting on object, if any
key gAvatarID=NULL_KEY;
// If you don't enable this the teleport object will be left at the destination.
integer gReturnToStartPos=TRUE;

// This routine do the actual transport
warpPos( vector destpos)
{   //R&D by Keknehv Psaltery, 05/25/2006
//with a little pokeing by Strife, and a bit more
//some more munging by Talarus Luan
//Final cleanup by Keknehv Psaltery
// Compute the number of jumps necessary
integer jumps = (integer)(llVecDist(destpos, llGetPos()) / 10.0) + 1;
// Try and avoid stack/heap collisions
if (jumps > 100 )
jumps = 100;    //  1km should be plenty
list rules = [ PRIM_POSITION, destpos ];  //The start for the rules list
integer count = 1;
while ( ( count = count << 1 ) < jumps)
rules = (rules=[]) + rules + rules;   //should tighten memory use.
llSetPrimitiveParams( rules + llList2List( rules, (count - jumps) << 1, count) );
}

{
state_entry()
{
// Put the teleport text in place of the Sit in the pie menu
llSetSitText(gSitText);
// Read the objects position so it can return to it after teleporting
gStartPos = llGetPos();
// Sit the avatar on the object
llSitTarget(<0,0,1>,ZERO_ROTATION);
// Define commands to listen for
llListen(myChannel,"","","");
}

on_rez(integer startup_param)
{
llResetScript();
}

listen(integer chan, string name, key id, string cmd)
{
if (cmd == "show")
{
llSetAlpha( 1, ALL_SIDES );
}
else if (cmd == "hide")
{
llSetAlpha( 0, ALL_SIDES );
}
else if (cmd == "reset")
{
llResetScript();
}
else if (cmd == "help")
{
llSay(0, "Usage:");            
llSay(0, "");            
llSay(0, "show      Make teleporter visible");            
llSay(0, "hide      Make teleporter invisible");            
llSay(0, "reset     Resets teleporter script");            
llSay(0, "help      This text");            
}
}

changed(integer change){
if(change & CHANGED_LINK)
{
// Find id for avatar sitting on the object
gAvatarID = llAvatarOnSitTarget();
// If someone sits on it...
if(gAvatarID != NULL_KEY)
{
// Move avatar to destination
warpPos(gTargetPos);
// Pause for 1 second
llSleep(1);
// Unsit avatar
llUnSit(gAvatarID);
// Wait 1 second more
llSleep(1);
// If teleporter should return to original position....
if (gReturnToStartPos)
{
// ... send object to its start position
warpPos(gStartPos);
}
}
}
}
}

// Second Life Socials data is provided to you for your information and learning purposes only.
// End

Perrie Juran wrote:

OK, this is a strange problem.  Not sure if this requires a JIRA or what I would file the JIRA under.

My Land Lady just moved from an Estate SIM that was on Magnum to a new SIM that is on Main Channel.

I used a simple teleporter I made to get from my home to where everyone on the SIM hangs out.  One click and I was there.

Each time used the 'object' is supposed to return to the same start location.  It doesn't.  Each time I use it it keeps getting higher and higher. I thought maybe the problem had to do with SVC-7902 but after the restart today the problem is still there.

I went and tested on a Magnum and on a Blue Steel SIMs and it works perfectly.  But not on Main Channel.

Is it broken on Main channel now? We just updated it with the code from BlueSteel.

__Oskar

Oskar Linden wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Is it broken on Main channel now? We just updated it with the code from BlueSteel.

__Oskar

I had tested this morning after my SIM was restarted and showed it was on the new Main channel code.

I just retested at around 5PM SLT.  I still get the same results.  On Main channel the object is not hitting it's target consistently and is not returning to it's start position at all.  Either direction it appears to be about 5 Meters off.  The Z gets higher on some trips to the target.  On the return the X,Y & Z are all over the place, Z always getting higher.

On a Blue Steel and on a Magnum SIM it is dead on the money either direction.

ETA, Happy Holiday Oskar!

@Maestro (since Oskar is on Holiday)

Sim 21103 Woods of Heaven has been rolled to the noted server version (12.06.18.259948) which was supposed to fix the Error retrieving Server  Version notes, SVC-7598.  It isn't fixed, still getting the error in "help" >"about" Firestorm 4.0.1.27000.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.