Deploy plans for the week of 2016-10-31

Caleb Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server (main channel)

The main channel is getting server maintenance update from last RC.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/16#16.10.20.320949

Scheduled Tuesday 2016-11-01 03:00-09:00 PDT

Second Life RC BlueSteel (No Roll):

BlueSteel stays at the same maintenance project.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/16#16.10.20.320949

Second Life RC LeTigre (No Roll):

LeTigre stays at the same maintenance project.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/16#16.10.20.320949

Second Life RC Magnum (No Roll):

Magnum stays at the same maintenance project.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/16#16.10.20.320949

I think the increased region capacity may be this big announcement from LL planned for Thursday.

Mainland regions are all showing a 50% increase in prim capacity - now at 22500.

Linden Home parcels now have a capacity of 175.

So far I can't find any estate regions with increased capacity, so possibly mainland only?

If this is a bug, don't fix it!  :heart: 

If this is a bug, don't fix it!

/me claps happily. I couldn't agree more, Whirly!.

If you do the counting, you'll see that's a 1.5 PE bonus. All parcels I checked at other regions on the Main Channel, and that have already been restarted, show such a capacity increase.

I asked about the capacity increase on Live chat and the Linden said it is not a bug, that there was a roll to increase the prim useage on Mainland and that there would be a blog post from LL soon.

I asked if it was okay to say that LL confirmed this wasn't a bug and he said yes.

Soooo...  watch out for that blog post!

• Administrators

Hi!  Over the next couple of days there will be some changes coming. The deploy will happen in stages. So as you see these changes rest assured it is normal and is happening as intended.

On November 3, we will post an official blog along with a video where I will have all of the information and details regarding these changes.

Keep an eye on the Official Blog, on Thursday for more info.  :matte-motes-wink:

Pamela Galli wrote:

Nice for mainland.

Would be nice if estates got the same perk, since my reduced tier cost me $2500. (And the tier reduction is quickly eaten up by devaluation when I cash out.) 

I imagine estate landlords would agree.

I'll bet Estate managers will get a control to adjust. As a Mainlander, I'd be a bit disappointed if Estates get to go even higher than 22,500 prims/region, but I wouldn't be surprised either.

More prims per region will be nice, but how will it affect the ancient bug associated with vehicles region-crossing into a full parcel? There's a general pool of prims per region, used for things such as vehicles, but it isn't applied in that specific situation. And I know it is one of the oldest acknowledged bug in the game. OK, this might be a temporary fix. but all thos prims are going to get used.

(Yes, I know the counting methiods have changed, and we have mesh and prim-equivalents and stuff. but that bug is still there.)

arabellajones wrote:

More prims per region will be nice, but how will it affect the ancient bug associated with vehicles region-crossing into a full parcel?

(Yes, I know the counting methiods have changed, and we have mesh and prim-equivalents and stuff. but that bug is still there.)

As fas as I know that has been fixed ages ago, unless you stand up with an instant return as a result. In the old situation you would bang against an invisible wall.

Obviously not really replying to Caleb here :D.

My other two mainland (group) lots are inaccessible at the moment and trying to teleport there logs me out. But that's my store as of this noonish. So looks like 1.5ish doing the math in my head.

I think this will definitely help H and G folks (woot) AND I have always been a mainland gal *wink* so works for me in many ways. I have been saying more prims for mainland for years now -- it just seemed like such a logical move.  So happy to see it  has happened.

Patch Linden wrote:

Hi!  Over the next couple of days there will be some changes coming. The deploy will happen in stages. So as you see these changes rest assured it is normal and is happening as intended.

On November 3, we will post an official blog along with a video where I will have all of the information and details regarding these changes.

Keep an eye on the Official Blog, on Thursday for more info.  :matte-motes-wink:

I'm wondering the same as the last poster, is this Mainland only???

I was told it would be all regions, but then after reading this, it sounds like Mainland Only. If that's the case then it's not going to "change our SL forever", only change for some, and the rest, nothing.  That's AWESOME for mainland people, and Linden Parcels, but what about everyone else?

This reminds me of that old joke:

Q: How do you keep an idiot in suspense?

A: I'll tell you tomorrow

Honestly though, this is exciting news. I am crossing my fingers that it will extend to private regions as well as mainland - but even if it is just mainland this is still awesome. And since this is rolling out in stages I cant wait to hear what the other stages are.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.