Deploy plans for the week of 2016-08-08

Caleb Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I guess the "security" is referring to the initial change that has been made to rezzing objects behaviour. To prevent (or at least make it harder for) griefers to stall regions too easily. This introduced an issue where legit rezzers failed though. Hence the "security update" this time around to adjust the security, and keep legit uses working properly as well. At least that's my take on it. :matte-motes-little-laugh:

Btw. it's arton with an R. :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

I'm confused.

Tbe MC and RC versions have exactly the same ID numbers now, yet one is described as a bugfix and one as security.  And the release notes are identical.

If they have the same build numbers and they're not the same code, something is broken. But it's a little worrying that the Lindens use different descriptions for roll-outs of the same code.

It looks like the all-too-usual nerd/geek failure to communicate clearly.

arabellajones wrote:

I'm confused.

Tbe MC and RC versions have exactly the same ID numbers now, yet one is described as a bugfix and one as security.  And the release notes are identical.

If they have the same build numbers and they're not the same code, something is broken. But it's a little worrying that the Lindens use different descriptions for roll-outs of the same code.

It looks like the all-too-usual nerd/geek failure to communicate clearly.

You might look at the differences in description this way:

The RC release on Aug 3rd was to fix a bug (BUG-37573) which was (at least in part) caused by the July 27th RC deployment - hence why the Aug 3rd deployment is described as "an update of the server maintenance project from last week" (i.e. July 27th).

As the bug never actually reached the Main (SLS) Channel, technically the deloyment made this week isn't a "bug fix" for it, as there is nothing to "fix". So, you might say this week's deployment to the Main Channel is more "preventative" for that channel, hence  "security update".

Hope that helps :) .

I echo Marianne's concern.  The Google calender shows a roll for today but there's absolutely nothing about it either in here or on the Grid Status blog.  So just what is happening...is there anyone home at Battery Street this week? :smileysurprised:

ETA:  Oops, no it's gone from the calendar so I guess that settles it....no RC roll.  Nice of you to tell us.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.