Deploy for the week of 2015-10-05

Caleb Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server (main channel)

The main channel is getting the server maintenance project, which was previously on RC BlueSteel, Magnum and LeTigre channels

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/15#15.09.25.305449

Scheduled Tuesday 2015-10-06 03:00-09:00 PDT

Second Life RC BlueSteel:

No Roll

Second Life RC LeTigre:

No Roll

Second Life RC Magnum:

No Roll

We will be monitoring this thread as the code gets released, so feel free to note any observations you have about the server updates.  If you have a specific bug you'd like to report, please file a Jira.

Caleb

The "Now you see it...now you don't" nature of the Main Server roll reports this past two weeks has been really irritating.  Is the staff-member responsible for the Roll notice not capable of competent editing?

The roll notice was there this morning after it had most likely begun, but now it has vanished.  It will most likely return when the resolved status is reported, but for now there is nothing to say what is happening.

Has the Roll been pulled?  Is it proceeding as planned?  Who knows apart from LL? Come on!

ETA:

Well, well.  At 9:21am the roll was posted as "resolved" and all the entries (including one announcing the roll was in progress) have returned.  What a surprise.  You just like to keep us guessing, don't you!

Well!  I am not going to even try to explain today.  How in heaven's name a restart to new software can cause a previously linked set to be unlinked and for one part to rez 25m above all the other parts is beyond me.

Perhaps someone wiser than me can comprehend it but I for one cannot.  Thankfully we actually did not lose anything this time.

What on earth is wrong with these recent updates, Linden Lab?  Did You actually test them at all??

To anwer your question, Caleb:

Never seen this behaviour on any previous update

The Linkset belongs to another on the sim

I'll get the co-ords of the linkset shortly and a JIRA filing will follow ASAP

ETA:

Linkset owner Rachael Ezvalt.  NB the set is not currently relinked.

Co-ords are 90.6, 56.7, 899.6 at Woods of Heaven sim 9067.

ETA 2:

JIRA report created: BUG - 10411

Caleb this is getting serious!

DE Designs has an absolutely classic caps failure, it needs a restart.

I TP'd there a few mins ago. Mesh would not rez either worn or in-sim and most folk were just flailing around after TP

DE Designs (94,132,39) is the url.  Please get in-world support to deal with this. I managed to TP out but others crashed on TP.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.