Deploy for the week of 2015-06-22

Caleb Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server (main channel)

No Rolls

RC rolled back

Second Life RC BlueSteel:

BlueSteel is getting  new server maintenance project

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/15#15.06.18.302752

Scheduled Wednesday 2015-06-24 07:00-10:30 PST

Second Life RC LeTigre:

LeTigre is moving onto the same project as BlueSteel

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/15#15.06.18.302752

Second Life RC Magnum:

Magnum is moving onto the same project as BlueSteel.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/15#15.06.18.302752

We will be monitoring this thread as the code gets released, so feel free to note any observations you have about the server updates.  If you have a specific bug you'd like to report, please file a Jira.

After todays bout of restarts, i've noticed that sims coming back online seem to be suffering from a drop in performance. Orion, Impeccable and Tease all seem to be suffering, though Orion is deffinitely the worst with an average FPS/Physics FPS of 20-25

Just as I was about to write some stats of my own for region Nosver (took nearly five minutes for rezzed scripted objects and worn scripted HUDs to respond to commands), I got knocked off the service due to "region may be having difficulties."

Edited to note the status.secondlifegrid.net page shows the rolling restarts for some regions have been extended. Seems I should have refreshed that page before commenting here. :/

Live chat is not responding so:

Major problems with at least one of my regions, La Galleria (I have not checked the others).

First, all work I did before about 10:15 SLT today was rolled back. I need the region rolled back to then.

Second, when my assistant logged in, she saw a whole row of lamps just disappear before her eyes.

Third, neither of us can log into any of my 4 regions now.

LeTigre sims (at least) are performing horribly after todays sim restarts.  My sim (Mocis) usually has a 98%-100% Scripts Run stat and lots of free time is today running at 20-40% Scripts Run and extremely slowwwww.  My products report very low sim performance to me wherever they are rezzed on the grid and I'm getting emails sent to me from my products all over reporting horrible script performance today.  It takes really poor performance for these nessages to be sent to me.  I may get one in six months normally.  I have already had four this morning and all reporting Scripts Run in the 3-15% range which is essentailly a not useable sim. Something is very messed up with todays updates.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.