Connection problems

Valky Bigbear

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, thanks for read this my post.

Some days ago my modem/router is broken and i changed it with a Sitecom 300N. After changed it i have big problems in SL:

I lost the groups, the information in about land, i crash in teleport, and music and voice don't work. I can only make a log in and use im.

I tried with Windows XP, Vista and Win7 and also with Linux. and I tried with SL2 viewer and also with Phoenix .. The issues are the same!

I have disabled the firewall in modem and i have no firewall in the operating system. Why I have these problems? can everyone help me, please? thank you soooo much :-)

You should not be operating without a firewall.  And should not have to.  The firewall on your computer should let you set it to handle that.  

Some modem/routers have had problems with SL beacause SL uses ports not commonly used for routine internet traffic.  I dont know whether that applies in your case.     If you can borrow another router, preferably Linksys, see if that works for you.

TKR 

I tried to open all ports but i have the same problems: after few minutes from login, i am disconnected and then i lost the information in about land, the groups, the voice, the music, i see only the sim where i make login and i crash everytime i make a teleport. :-(

I don't know why! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.