Confusion on voice chat

MSTRPLN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, so i have some issues with voicechat

1. I have crank up my volume really high almost maximum in order to hear people. Eventhough "Master" & "voice" are turned up. So whenever i get a notification on windows i'm instantly deaf.

2. "Allow voice equally from everyone" doesn't work, it still gets quieter when there is a greater distance. (it doesnt work like voice call)

My settings:

The Firestorm people have an in-world support group and a wiki. You'll likely get better answers there.

I use Firestorm and don't have a problem.

You should have a version of the Linden made SL Viewer installed for troubleshooting. See if you have the same problem when using it. Then you'll now if it is a viewer specific or general computer problem.

If you are not framilar with the various Windows OS settings, Google for info. Run through those settings.

If you have an advanced sound system or a newer motherboard there are more features available than in the past. Your system may be trying to provide '3D' sound, controling which speaker and its volume a sound comes out. If you do not have the speakers intended for use with your current settings the computer may be sending most of the sound to a speaker that doesn't exist.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.