Concierge Services

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You may wonder what this has to do with the SecondLife Server thread....read on...

Once again services that have a direct bearing on server and simulator support are to be closed due to a US holiday.

When are the United States going to realise that they are not "The World"?  A global service needs and deserves Global Support, yet once again Linden Lab withdraw many of its services from the Rest of the World due to a local holiday.

Many US users of SL will see nothing wrong with this, I humbly suggest that the Rest of the World may think otherwise.

No, of course families should be together for what is a very important celebration of US Independence, but to suggest that there would be no-one available to staff Concierge Support is laughably naíve.

"World Series" type US arrogance has no place in a Global community.

To those who celebrate it I wish you all a Happy Independence Day.

SL is not a life or death service.  There is nothing that you can talk to conceirge about that can't wait just one day.  Get real.

No where does LL claim to be a global service.  In fact the TOS section 11.1. which you agreed to specifically says it is not. 

11.1 The Service is a United States-based service.

Linden Lab controls and operates the Service from its offices in the United States. Linden Lab makes no representation that any aspect of the Service is appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. Those who access the Service from other locations are doing so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws regarding your online conduct and acceptable content, if and to the extent local laws apply. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, we reserve the right to limit the availability of, restrict access to, or discontinue the Service and/or any content, program, product, service or other feature described or available on the Service to any person, entity, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any content, program, product, service, or other feature that we provide.

Ayesha Askham wrote:

You may wonder what this has to do with the SecondLife Server thread....read on...

Once again services that have a direct bearing on server and simulator support are to be closed due to a US holiday.

When are the United States going to realise that they are not "The World"?  A global service needs and deserves Global Support, yet once again Linden Lab withdraw many of its services from the Rest of the World due to a local holiday.

Many US users of SL will see nothing wrong with this, I humbly suggest that the Rest of the World may think otherwise.

No, of course families should be together for what is a very important celebration of US Independence, but to suggest that there would be no-one available to staff Concierge Support is laughably naíve.

"World Series" type US arrogance has no place in a Global community.

To those who celebrate it I wish you all a Happy Independence Day.

Because places like Europe and Australia are known for having shops, services and cetera open long, convenient hours all week staffed with employees who take their short vacations grudgingly, just aching to get back to their customers.

@Amethyst and Theresa

1) I am well aware of LL ToS.  It does not mean that I think they are correct.  I only agreed to it in order to access SL.  I am far from alone in doing that.

2) Theresa as a (former) member of the (apparently) oppressed Service Sector, I dispute your idiotic statement, no-one is talking about forced labour, though it DOES occur on both sides of the Atlantic and in many other so-called enlightened cultures.

3) Arguing with such entrenched and blinkered thinking was, on my part, a foolish waste of words.

As I said before, I wish all who celebrate it in the USA a happy Independence Day.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.